A recent study showed that about 70% of consumers either have safety concerns when shopping online or don’t go online to shop at all. For our registered and potential customers, who fall in this category, this article is on how you can shop safely on our website and still protect your information to make sure you don’t become the next victim of online identity theft.
Of course, Afrimash has every registered customers’ name, email address and phone number stored in its databanks. But this should not be a cause for concern because your details are used to contact you on updates about your orders, as well as for other customer relations, no third party involved.
At Afrimash, we know that one of the most important components of online business is creating a trusted environment where potential customers feel confident in making purchases. That is why we have put important measures in place to ensure you shop with us securely and seamlessly.
However, you should be aware of online fraudsters and avoid them by paying attention to the following safety measures;
1. Our website is www.afrimash.com: If you see anything different, please confirm with our customer experience team on any of the numbers here.
2. Always watch out for the padlock button at the URL section: That is the security lock to ensure no one is eavesdropping your interaction with us. Here are few things to bear in mind:
- Padlock symbol – There should be a padlock in the address bar next to our website address
- Afrimash Website address – Our website address should start with https:// on your phone or computer. The S stands for secure.
- Valid certificate – If you click the padlock symbol or just to the left of the address bar, you should see information about our site certificate. It should tell you “connection is secure” and “certificate is valid”. If you see anything different, please reach out to us here.
3. Our company name is Afrimash Company Limited: If you are making payments through a bank transfer, ensure the destination account is Afrimash Company Limited. See our bank details here.
4. Our online payment partner is Paystack. When you pay online, we redirect you to them to secure your payment. You can learn more about the safety of using Paystack here.
5. Afrimash Provides Every Customer with A Buyer Protection Policy: For every customer who shops with us, we ensure you get value for your money or get your money back. Being an online company that recognizes the need to give customers an assurance of safety, we have a policy that protects you (the buyer) in every transaction you do on Afrimash.com. Learn more about Afrimash Buyer Protection Policy here.
More About SSL Security Certificate
As it is essential for internet security, our website is SSL-certified. SSL means Secure Sockets Layer and what it does is to create a foundation of trust by establishing a secure connection.
SSL allows sensitive information such as credit card numbers and login credentials to be transmitted securely. Without SSL certification, data sent between browsers and web servers is sent in plain text, leaving the user vulnerable to eavesdropping. If an attacker is able to intercept all data being sent between a browser and a web server, they can see and use that information.
Therefore, to assure visitors their connection is secure, browsers provide special visual cues, which is anything from a green padlock to the branded URL bar. All browsers can interact with secured web servers. However, the browser and the server need what is called an SSL Certificate to establish a secure connection.
SSL secures millions of peoples’ data on the Internet every day, especially during online transactions or when transmitting confidential information. SSL-secured websites usually begin with https rather than http. The browser lets the user know that the website is secure by showing the padlock sign, and the user can feel safe browsing the site and even entering their confidential information.