Insecticides are chemicals that destroy or inhibit specific developmental stages of insects. They play a vital role in the control of insect pests.
- They also play an important role in the way food is grown and prepared these days. Insects are capable of reducing the quality and quantity of crops available for people to consume.
- Note that an insecticide cannot legally be used for any purpose other than the purpose shown on the approved label.
- Application and timing are important to maximize the effectiveness of insecticides, reduce cost, and reduce impacts on non-target organisms.
- Precautions should be taken particularly when transporting, mixing, and applying insecticide.
We offer highly effective insecticides that are packaged in varying capacities and ready for nationwide delivery.
Showing 1–12 of 15 results
These are either man-made or based on synthetic formulas like the pyrethroids. Inorganic types of insecticides are highly effective but use them carefully and read the applying conditions properly. There are several types of inorganic insecticides.
- Systematic insecticides are put in the soil and allowed to be absorbed by plant roots. These insecticides move up to the leaves, branches, fruits, and twigs of the plant and protect it from being chewed upon by insects.
- larvicides are also a form of systematic insecticides that help in eradicating the larva of variouus insects such as the moths and butterflies that destroys plants.
- Contact insecticides are the common sprays that can also be used at home to eradicate insects and mosquitoes. Some of these products are also used to disinfect the home and environment and deodorize the place. These insecticides are available in the market in the form of sprays, coils, liquid vaporizers, and repellents.
- Ingested insecticides are insecticides that work as stomach poisons. They kill insects after they must have been injested
These are made from plant oils and fatty acids that are derived from plants or animals. They are eco friendly and cause no harm to crops. The types of insecticides in this category are:
- Insecticidal soap is made of detergent or ivory liquid and can be sprayed on plants to protect it from being eaten by insects. It is non-toxic and should not be sprayed in the sunlight.
- Nicotine can be mixed in water and sprayed on plants directly.
Knowing the types of insecticides that are available at your disposal helps you make an informed choice. Use synthetic products with care to ensure the safety of your environment and surroundings.