Showing all 4 results
Fish are vertebrates which live in water and breathe using special organs called gills).
- We offer table fish for purchase, these include Heteroclarias spp (hybrids) and Clarias spp catfish. The Heteroclarias hybrids are products of a cross between male Heterobranchus spp and female Clarias spp fish, thus are bigger when compared to the Clarias species, and have better comparable weight at harvest.
- We recommend the Clarias spp for farmers raising smoked catfish (2-6 months maturity timeframe). The Clarias species grow faster when compared with the Heteroclarias hybrids.
- Our table fish are packaged in water vessels/kegs and delivered nationwide.
Fish farming/pisciculture/aquaculture involves raising fish commercially in tanks or enclosures such as fish ponds, usually for food.
- It is the principal form of aquaculture, while other methods may fall under mariculture.
- Fish farming involves building earthen, tarpaulin or concrete pond, fertilizing the pond, stocking the fingerlings in good water and feeding the fishes till market size before sale or consumption.
- We offer the table and ornamental fishes for our customers to choose from.
- These are specially packaged and delivered nationwide.