Cockerels, Kuroilers/Noilers (Day Old Chicks)
Showing all 5 results
Cockerels (roosters, cocks) are the male gallinaceous birds (mature male chickens less than one year old are called cockerels).
- Cockerels have markedly pronounced combs on their heads, and they appear bulkier, with longer and more decorative tail feathers than hens.
- They have the unique characteristics of crowing.
Kuroilers are hybrids of broilers and cockerels.
- They have the resistance of cockerels and some meat characteristics of broilers and have an average maturity of 3 to 4 months.
- A dual-purpose chicken breed; that is, for meat and eggs.
- They can scavenge for food and water thus can be managed in the intensive/semi-intensive systems. They are also not expensive i.e. they are affordable chicken breeds and cheaper to maintain.
Our day-old kuroilers/cockerels are sold in cartons of 50 chicks and are delivered nationwide.