Table Eggs are fresh, non-incubated eggs that are produced mainly for human consumption. They are freshly laid eggs from chickens who were bred to lay eggs. In this category, you will find fresh, neatly packed, and unscratched table eggs from different strains and breeds at affordable prices.
Uses and Benefits
- Table eggs are considered to be one of the most important parts of the human diet because they are rich in nutrients and antioxidants.
- They are vital for the healthy development and growth of children and adolescents. They are also important to adults for healthy living.
- A table egg contains an averagely twelve per cent shell (which is non-edible). The other part of the egg is a mixture of protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- Table eggs contain good cholesterol.
- The high level of antioxidants in table eggs helps prevent age-related macular degeneration which is the leading cause of blindness in humans.
- These eggs are collected daily from the chicken cages and examined through physical observation, handling, etc to detect abnormalities and ascertain their quality. After they have been carefully examined, they are graded and arranged in crates for sale. The crates might be designed to contain 6, 12, 15, and 30 eggs.
Around the world, egg production is an important aspect of agricultural farming especially poultry farming. It is an intensive process that has demonstrated robust growth in recent years due to increasing consumption. In Nigeria, it is one of the most lucrative ventures in agriculture. Moreover, eggs are considered to be alternative sources of protein to meat. Many egg producers practice the semi-intensive/intensive egg production system because it allows more layers (chickens), less labour, and massive productivity in short periods. However, there has been clamour and demand for organically produced eggs in developing countries so the free-range system is still a major practice in those areas.
No products were found matching your selection.
Table eggs are produced for human consumption by our proven laying hens with high productivity. They are produced by layer hens of the ISA Brown, Lohmann Brown and Amberlink strains/breeds.
We offer a minimum of 200 crates per order and can deliver nationwide.