Sortexed Rice (Foreign/Local Rice | 50kg Bags)
We sell local and foreign rice which is the most widely consumed staple food for a large part of the world’s human population, especially in Asia and Africa.
- Rice is the most important grain with regard to human nutrition and caloric intake, providing more than one-fifth of the calories consumed worldwide by humans.
- There are many varieties of rice, and culinary preferences tend to vary regionally. In addition, rice can come in many shapes, colors, and sizes.
- The varieties of rice are typically classified as long-, medium-, and short-grained.
- The offered rice comes in 50kg bags and both local and foreign varieties are available.
- When the rice bag says “100 sortexed” that means the product in the bag has gone through the sortex process implying that there are next to minimum damaged and/or rice kernels on top of any impurities.
Sortexed rice (Local and Foreign)
We sell the Sortexed rice which is the most widely consumed staple food for a large part of the world’s human population, especially in Asia and Africa. Rice is the seed of the grass species Oryza glaberrima (African rice) or Oryza sativa (Asian rice). It is the agricultural commodity with the third-highest worldwide production (rice, 741.5 million tonnes in 2014), after sugarcane (1.9 billion tonnes) and maize (1.0 billion tonnes).
Since sizable portions of sugarcane and maize crops are used for purposes other than human consumption, rice is the most important grain with regard to human nutrition and caloric intake, providing more than one-fifth of the calories consumed worldwide by humans. There are many varieties of rice, and culinary preferences tend to vary regionally. In addition, rice can come in many shapes, colors, and sizes.
What can I make from Sortexed rice?
Being a major staple food famously consumed worldwide, rice has been utilized into different varieties to suit the specific needs of consumers.
- Raw rice may be ground into flour for many uses, including making many kinds of beverages, horchata, rice milk, and rice wine.
- Rice does not contain gluten, making it suitable for people on a gluten-free diet.
- Rice may also be made into various types of noodles.
- Processed rice seeds must be boiled or steamed before eating. Boiled rice may be further fried in cooking oil or butter (known as fried rice), or beaten in a tub to make mochi.
- Rice, like other cereal grains, can be puffed (or popped). This process takes advantage of the grains’ water content and typically involves heating grains in a special chamber.
The varieties of rice are typically classified as long-, medium-, and short-grained. The grains of long-grain rice tend to remain intact after cooking; medium-grain rice becomes more sticky. Stickier medium-grain rice is used for sushi; the stickiness allows rice to hold its shape when molded. Short-grain rice is often used for rice pudding.
Health benefits of rice
The health benefits of rice include its ability to provide fast and instant energy, regulate and improve bowel movements, stabilize blood sugar levels, and slow down the aging process. In addition, it also provides an essential source of vitamin B1 to the human body. Other benefits include its ability to boost skin health, increase metabolism, aid in digestion, reduce high blood pressure, help weight loss efforts, improve the immune system and provide protection against dysentery, cancer, and heart diseases.
- It is noteworthy that rice is a good source of protein, but it is not a complete source of protein. Rice does not contain all of the essential amino acids in sufficient amounts for good health and should be combined with other sources of protein, such as nuts, seeds, beans, fish, or meat.
- Cooked, unenriched, white, long-grained rice is composed of 68% water, 28% carbohydrates, 3% protein, and negligible fat. In a 100 gram serving, it provides 130 calories but contains micronutrients in insignificant amounts, with all less than 10% of the Daily Value (DV).
- The nutrient value of local and foreign rice depends on the variety and cooking method.
Rice Fun Facts
Rice is the oldest known food that is still widely consumed today. Archaeologists can date its consumption back to 5000 BC.
- There are three types of rice grain: short, medium, and long.
- April 19th is National Rice Ball Day.
- There are over 40,000 varieties of rice.
- Asia alone both produces and consumes 90% of the world’s rice.
- September is National Rice Month.
Specification: Sortexed Rice (Foreign/Local Rice | 50kg Bags)
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.