Hybrid Pineapple Suckers | Smooth Cayenne | Sugar loaf | Queen
Smooth Cayenne pineapples and other hybrid cultivars are most commonly found in supermarkets. They have yellow flesh, orange rind and have high acid and juice content. Its flesh is also low in fibre.
Hybrid pineapples can be propagated using the crown, suckers and/or slips.
Place your order now and get it delivered to you right on time!
The most common species of hybrid pineapple sucker are Smooth Cayenne and Queen/sugarloaf. However, the Smooth Cayenne hybrid pineapple is the most commonly grown hybrid. In fact, they are tropical fruits such as one that grows under several weather conditions. A hybrid pineapple the traditional are propagated with suckers
- They grow on the central stalk of a large plant having swordlike leaves. Hybrid pineapples are better to cultivate and maintain in terms of weed control and climatic factor.
- This hybrid cultivar is widely consumed than Pineapples of any species. In fact, more than 70% of pineapple grown is from this cultivar.
- They have good flavour and grow all year round.
Another widely consumed hybrid pineapple sucker cultivar is the Queen or Sugarloaf cultivar.
- This cultivar has high sugar content and is the leading cultivar in South Africa.
- They are dwarf, short, very spiny and have dark purplish-green leaves.
- This hybrid cultivar can weigh up to 600-800g and require a pH of 4-4.5.
- The high sugar content of the Queen cultivar makes it unsuitable for canning.
Hybrid pineapple suckers are rich in vitamins, enzymes and antioxidants. They help to build strong bones and aid the digestion of food.
Since they grow best in loamy soil, soils with high organic matter content are required. They also need moderate moisture content and soil fertilized with an equal proportion of Nitrogen, Potassium and Phosphorus.
Specification: Hybrid Pineapple Suckers | Smooth Cayenne | Sugar loaf | Queen
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.