BroadLeaf Ugu Seedling (Ugwu)
Ugu, commonly known as fluted pumpkin, produces dark green edible leaves that can be eaten raw or cooked as a vegetable. It is a leafy vegetable that has edible seeds. Its fruits is inedible but can be used medicinally.
Broad leaved Ugu is drought tolerant, dioecious and a perennial climber. Here, we help you grow the seed organically and deliver them to you in good condition and thriving.
This broad Leaves Ugu is commonly grown and consumed as herbs in South Eastern Nigeria.
We deliver Broad leaves Ugu seedling Nationwide. Place your order now!
Bulk orders for hundreds and thousands are sold at a discount
Broadleaf Ugu Seedling (Telfafia occidentalis) is also known as fluted gourd, fluted pumpkin, Ugu, Ikong-ubong. They belong to the Cucurbitaceae family and originated from West Africa. The Broad leaves Ugu seedling is a perennial climber and grown for its leaves and seeds. They are very nutritious and medicinal.
Features of Broad Leave Ugu Seedling
- Produces dark green edible leaves.
- It is a leafy vegetable that has edible seeds.
- Broad-leaved Ugu is drought tolerant, dioecious and a perennial climber.
- They develop tendrils that creep and spread on the ground surface.
- Broad leaves Ugu seedling grow best on Sandy-loamy soils and more appropriately on beds supplied with organic or inorganic fertilizer.
- The Broad leaves Ugu is a culinary used for making soups, stews, Vegetables, Sauces and even used medicinally.
- They germinate 10 days after planting and can start to be consumed at 4 weeks.
- The leaves of Ugu is highly rich in Iron. They reduce blood sugar levels in the body.
- Ugu is Rich in oil which are recommended antioxidants.
- The leaves of Ugu can be blended and used as blood tonic because of their high protein content.
- The shoot and leaves of the Broad leaves Ugu can be consumed as Vegetables, used to make soups.
- Ugu may be used to treat attacks of convulsion, malaria and anaemia.
Place your order for our broadleaf Ugu Seedling today, we deliver nationwide.
Specification: BroadLeaf Ugu Seedling (Ugwu)
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…