Cashew Seedlings (Available on Pre-Order | Disease-Resistant Variety)
Cashew seedlings are available for planting, they are highly nutritious products widely used across many manufacturing industries.
- They are high-yield hybrid cashew seedlings.
- Maturity period: 5 years.
- Produces either medium and jumbo size nuts.
- Highly resistant to diseases.
Kindly be informed you need to book ahead and expect your delivery within 9 weeks
There are three main varieties which are Brazilian cashew, Chinese cashew and Indian cashew. Brazilian cashew seedlings are mostly grown in Nigeria.
- Cashew is highly cross-pollinated and vegetative propagation is mainly recommended on a commercial scale to produce true to type planting materials.
- The nuts can be sowed 3 – 4 per hole or raised in the nursery and transplanted in the field.
- After the establishment, the plants are thinned to one healthy and vigorous plant per stand.
- Cashew can be propagated by seedlings, air layers and softwood grafts.
- The seed nuts usually germinate within 15-20 days after sowing. Seedbed may be mulched with paddy straw till germination takes place and partial shade may be provided during summer months.
- A fertilizer dose of 750 g N, 325 g P2O5, and 750 g K2O per plant is recommended for cashew. Apply 1/5th dose after the completion of the first year, 2/5th dose during the second year.
- Pineapple is the most profitable inter-crop in cashew plantation in the early stages of growth.
- A spacing of 7.5 m x 7.5 m has been recommended for poor soils, and for rich, deep, and coastal sandy soils a wider spacing of 10 m x 10 m is prescribed.
- The fruits will be ready for harvest in about two months after the fertilization of the flowers.
Specification: Cashew Seedlings (Available on Pre-Order | Disease-Resistant Variety)
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.