Kola is popularly grown for its nuts. The tree of Kola has immense benefits but most commonly Kola nuts are what the tree is grown for. Kola nuts is Rich in caffeine and can be obtained when boiled. Kola can reach a height of 20m under good growing conditions. It has a star-shaped fruit that houses about a dozen prismatic shaped seeds having a sweet and rose-like aroma.
Kola nuts are bitter when consumed but becomes sweet when chewed.
Kola nuts are consumed by many West African countries and in ceremonial settings.
We deliver to any location, place your order now!
Kola seedlings are popularly grown for their nuts. The tree has immense benefits but most commonly the nuts are what the tree is grown for. Kola can be traced to be used as a form of currency. To date, the nuts can be used as part of the bride price in some Western countries like Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nigeria.
Kola can be used as a Western symbol in cultural and social settings and is said to aid mental stimulation when consumed. it grows to resemble the chestnuts but they can be identified by significant differences.
Features of Kola Seedlings
- Kola nuts are Rich in caffeine and can be obtained when boiled. Kola can reach a height of 20m under good growing conditions.
- It has a star-shaped fruit that houses about a dozen prismatic shaped seeds having a sweet and rose-like aroma.
- The nuts are bitter when consumed but become sweet when chewed.
- The nuts are consumed by many West African countries and in ceremonial settings.
- We deliver to any location, place your order now!
- Main Description
- The nuts Cola acuminata and Cola nidita belong to the cacao family Sterculiacea contains 2-4% caffeine and theobromine. It also contains tannins, alkaloids, flavonoids, saponins and polyphenols.
- The plant requires hot humid climates and can withstand the dry season. Cola nitida is a shade bearer. the trees do not require excess water as it can be dangerous for plant growth and breed plant disease.
The nuts can be harvested by hand or done mechanically.
Kola is used and consumed for the following reasons:
- Aids digestion: When consumed before meals, digestion is easy and smooth.
- Treatment of cough- When ground and mixed with honey, the nuts can be used to treat coughs.
- Increase circulation: Caffeine content in kola speeds up heart rate which increases circulation in the body.
- Used as antibacterial: Kola nuts stop the growth of harmful bacteria when consumed.
- Used as flavouring ingredients in beverages and foods.
Specification: Kola Seedlings
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.