Local Pear| Native Pear (Ube) seedling
Safou Dacryodes edulis, also known as native pear, butterfruit, Ube and Eleme, African Pear or African Plum, is an oliferous fruit tree found in equatorial and humid tropic climates.
African Pear has many amazing health benefits. It is mostly eaten with roasted or cooked corn.
We are selling African Pear seedlings
We sell nationwide
If you are busying in hundreds or thousands, it comes at a discount
African Pear seedling, Dacryodes species are evergreen; perennial trees belong to the family Buseraseae. Safou Dacryodes edulis, also known as native pear, butter fruit, Ube and Eleme, African Pear or African Plum, is an oliferous fruit tree found in equatorial and humid tropic climates. The plant originates from central Africa and the Gulf of Guinea and spreads nearly all over the western coast of Africa.
- It is highly nutritious; the edible pulp contains ash (10.8%), fibre (17.9%), oil (31.9%), protein (25.9%), energy (444.7 kcal/100 g), carbohydrate (13.5%) and moisture content (12.04%).
- African Pear seedling grows in the humid tropics.
- The bark is thin and the leaves pinnate with leaflets measuring between 3-4 cm by 2-3 cm.
- The plant is dioecious and the female plants do not flower at the same time, so pollen storage is necessary to control pollination
- The plant flowers between May and October and fruits about 5-6 years after planting (Dalziel, 1987).
- The immature fruits vary from orange to red in colour but turn blue-purple at maturity.
- The fruit consists of a large seed surrounded by a thin mesocarp.
Nutritional Benefits of African Pear Seedling
- African pear seedlings grow into trees that produce fruits that are rich in vitamins and minerals, that play important roles in controlling the blood sugar level. It hinders the spiking of blood glucose levels which causes diabetes.
- Secondly, it is a pregnancy super fruit because it contains natural folic acid. The presence of folic acid in bush pears aids in preventing deficiencies in a baby’s brain and spinal cord.
- Cancer Prevention. Pear is known as a hypoallergenic fruit, that is, fruit that is least likely to cause allergic reactions in humans.
- The African pear also contains a lot of calcium and phosphorus; minerals found mainly in the bones and teeth of our body.
Specification: Local Pear| Native Pear (Ube) seedling
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…