Day One (Paraquat, Non-Selective Contact Herbicide) 1L
Paraquat is a chemical agent widely used as an herbicide (plant killer), primarily for weed and grass control. It is indicated for the control of annual and perennial weeds.
- It provides benefits to growers in the form of reduced storage and packaging waste.
- It has wide potential use for total weed control in agriculture.
Paraquat is a systemic and non-selective weedkiller and agricultural herbicide useful for the control of weeds.
Active Ingredients: Paraquat dichloride 27.6% Soluble Liquid (276g/l)
Mode of action; Non-selective, contact herbicide. photosystem. It is absorbed by plant foliage, and after translocation in the xylem, disrupts the process of photosynthesis.
Target Pest; Annual weeds, broadleaf weeds, grasses and sedges.
Crops; Citrus fruits, sugarcane, cotton, maize.
- Paraquat gives effective control of broadleaf weeds and grasses in fruit orchards (including citrus fruit), plantation crops (bananas, coffee, cocoa palms, coconut palms, oil palms, rubber, etc), vine olives, onions etc, and ornamental trees and shrubs in agriculture and forestry.
- Paraquat is also used for general weed control on non-crop land as a defoliant for cotton and hops; for the destruction of potato haulms: as a desiccant for pineapples, sugar cane, soybeans, and sunflowers: in pasture renovation etc.
Paraquat should be administered by people who are professionals/licensed applicators.
- Apply using a knapsack or boom sprayer.
- Apply as 160ml in 16 litres/200 – 300L of water per hectare.
- For aerial spraying, apply in 50 liters of water per hectare.
- Half fill the spray tank before adding the required amount of Paraquat, then completely fill the tank to the capacity required.
- Highest levels of long-term weed control.
- Greater consistency in a wider range of weather conditions.
- Less packaging, handling, and waste than other herbicide formulations.
- Symptoms develop more quickly allowing cultivation intervals to be reduced.
- Not to be sprayed in windy conditions (above 15km/hr).
- Do not allow spray mist drift onto desirable vegetation.
- Because paraquat is highly poisonous, it is often marketed in a form containing a blue dye to keep it from being confused with beverages such as coffee, a sharp odor to serve as a warning, and an added emetic agent to cause vomiting if someone drinks it.
- The extent of poisoning caused by paraquat depends on the amount, route, and duration of exposure and the person’s health condition at the time of the exposure.
- As ingestion is likely to be the primary route of exposure, if poisoning is suspected, avoid any further ingestion and seek medical attention immediately.
- Pre-hospital therapy may include oral administration of activated charcoal or Fuller’s earth in order to bind ingested paraquat.
- If you think you may have been exposed to liquid paraquat on your clothes or body, carefully remove your clothing and dispose of it in a sealed plastic bag.
- Rapidly wash your entire body with soap and water, and get medical care as quickly as possible.
Specification: Day One (Paraquat, Non-Selective Contact Herbicide) 1L
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
Products shipped in good condition are not liable for returns or refunds.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
If you have any complaint on our products, kindly send a pictorial/media evidence as soon as possible.
There are no inquiries yet.