Apple Seedlings (Israel sp. | Wambugu sp.)
₦10,200.00 – ₦19,200.00
We offer genetically modified hybrid varieties of apple seedlings which are far better in performance than the unmodified types. We sell Wanbugu grafted species and Isreal species of apple seedlings and they offer the following features:
- Higher performance than indigenous species
- They can grow in climate up to 36oC
- One acre of land requires 310 plants
- We deliver nationwide.
Apple seedlings are an important step to the growth of premium apples on your farm. We offer genetically modified hybrid varieties that are far better in performance to the unmodified types.
Here are some features of Wambugu Variety
- The semi-arid apple varieties do best in hot and warm areas.
- It requires only manure and water to grow it well.
- Harvest season comes every 9 to 13 months.
- They can grow in climate up to 36⁰C.
- It takes 9 to 14 months to mature.
- One acre requires 310 plants.
- Bears up to 500 to 2000 fruits on each tree every season and it has two seasons in a year starting between July, August, December, and January.
Planting Apple Seedlings
Apple seedlings are small, propagated tree stems grafted onto a hardy rootstock. Seedlings are ready to plant and grow in the home landscape once they have grown in a propagation environment for about one year. The seedlings grow into a producing apple tree six to 10 years after planting. Proper planting and care of apple trees at both the seedling stage and as the tree matures makes growing the trees a rewarding process.
- Amend the planting area by digging a 2-foot-wide hole and mixing the removed soil with even parts organic compost. Apple trees prefer a nutrient-rich and well-draining soil in an area that receives full sunlight. Fill this soil around the tree seedling. There will be excess soil that can be used for other gardening projects.
- Plant the apple tree seedling in a hole that is the same depth as the tree was previously growing and twice as wide. The graft point should be a minimum of 2 inches above the soil. Saturate the soil around the seedling with water to eliminate any air pockets around the root system.
- Irrigate the seedling with 1 gallon of water two or three times a week to keep the soil evenly moist, but not saturated, during the summer growing season when there is no rain. Use a drip irrigation system to keep the water around the tree and prevent run-off.
- Spread a 2-inch layer of organic mulch over the soil of the planting area, leaving a 6-inch gap between the seedling and the start of the mulch. Refresh the mulch each spring as it decomposes and absorbs into the soil. Increase the depth to 3 inches after two years of growth.
- Install a chicken wire fence or rodent guard around the seedling to protect the young tree from damage. Insert the fence or guard a minimum of 4 inches into the soil to stop burrowing rodents.
- Grow apple tree seedlings in a protected environment for at least one year after propagation to give the root graft time to heal and strengthen before planting outdoors.
- Make a drip watering system for the apple tree seedling by drilling a 1/4-inch-diameter hole into the bottom of a 5-gallon bucket. Set the bucket about 12 inches from the seedling and add water to let it slowly drip into the soil.
Specification: Apple Seedlings (Israel sp. | Wambugu sp.)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
₦10,200.00 – ₦19,200.00
₦10,200.00 – ₦19,200.00