Do you wish to get the best out of avocado farming? We have the right seedlings to get you started!
- Our avocado seedlings are reputable for their earlier maturity period, astounding fruit set, and moderate resistance to diseases commonly affecting avocado production.
- They are very suitable and adaptable to tropical conditions.
Our avocado seedling is reputable for its earlier maturity period, astounding fruit set, and moderate resistance to diseases commonly affecting avocado production.
- This variety is very suitable and adaptable to tropical conditions.
- Read on as we give you tips that will help you get the best out of your investment in avocado farming.
Avocado seedling: Planting requirements
- Light: Full, indirect sun
- Humidity: Moderate to high
- Soil: Do not dry out
- Fertilizer: Preferably 7-9-5
- Shape: Pinch back top leaves to encourage new side shoots
- Room temperature: 60° to 85°F (16° to 30°C)
Avocado plant care
- Keep your avocado plant in a warm, sunny location.
- Water frequently with an occasional deep soak. Keep plant moist but not overly saturated. As with most plants, make sure the soil drains well.
- Pinch the stem back every time your plant grows another six inches or so, in order to encourage a bushier appearance.
- If you live in a warm enough climate, plant your tree outside once it is big enough.
Avocado seedlings: Growing tips
- Remember that avocado trees do best at moderately warm temperatures (60 F to 85 F) with moderate humidity.
- If you plant during the summer, there is always the risk of sun damage, because avocado trees don’t absorb water very well when they’re young.
- Plant it in a non-lawn area and away from sidewalks and, if you can plant it in a spot protected from wind and frost.
- The avocado root system is very sensitive, and great care should be taken not to disturb it when transplanting.
- If the tree is root-bound, however, loosen up the soil around the edges and clip the roots that are going in circles.
- Avocado trees like the soil’s pH around 6 to 6.5.
- Trees typically need to be watered two to three times a week.
- As the roots reach out into the bulk soil, more water can be applied and the frequency of watering can diminish to about once a week after a year.
- When watering the tree, soak the soil well, and then allow it to dry out somewhat before watering again.
Specification: Avocado Seedling
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…