Dwarf Hybrid Coconut Seedling
We offer dwarf and hybrid varieties of coconut ready for shipping nationwide. Each seedling ranges from about 6 months of age.
- After the coconut has been planted point side down with one-third of the coconut above the soil, it is moved to a well lit, warm spot, the warmer the better as coconuts do best in spots that are 70 degrees F. (21 C.) or warmer.
- It is important to keep coconuts well-watered during germination without letting it sit in overly wet soil.
- The average age is 6 months.
Place your orders today.
We offer Dwarf Hybrid Coconut Seedling, after 4 – 5 months in the main nursery bed, seedlings are ready for planting out in the field and this should coincide with the onset of rains. Proper selection of seedlings in the main nursery alone ensures a 10% improvement in yield. Below are major considerations for coconut seedlings:
- Shoots should have a girth of 10 – 12 cm at the collar with about 6 leaves.
- Short and thick leaf stalks.
- Seedlings should have a robust healthy appearance and be free from pests and diseases.
Transplanting Dwarf Hybrid Coconut Seedling
- Seedlings should be removed from the main nursery by lifting with a spade and the roots carefully cut. Seedlings should never be lifted from the soil by pulling the leaves or stem.
- It is important to keep the seedlings in the shade and out of the sun and to have them planted as early as possible after removal from the main nursery.
- Once your coconut tree has started growing, water the coconut tree frequently. As long as the soil drains well, you really can’t water it too often.
- Second, growing coconut palms are heavy feeders that require regular, complete fertilizer. Look for a fertilizer that provides both the basic nutrients plus trace nutrients like boron, manganese and magnesium.
- Third, coconut palms are very cold sensitive. If you live in an area that gets cold, provide supplemental light indoors and keep it away from drafts.
- In the hot season, summer, grow it outdoors and make sure you place it in a very sunny and warm spot.
Specification: Dwarf Hybrid Coconut Seedling
1 review for Dwarf Hybrid Coconut Seedling
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…