Orange Seedlings (Tangelo | Tangerine)
Orange seeds are quite easy to germinate, however, if you are looking for a tree that will produce fruits faster, you’re better off getting tangelo or/and tangerine.
- The orange tree is an evergreen, flowering tree, with sweet fruits.
- There is also a degree of resistance to diseases.
We offer the tangelo and tangerine varieties of orange seedlings which are high-quality products for your orange plantation.
- The orange tree is an evergreen, flowering tree, with an average height of 9 to 10 m (30 to 33 ft.), although some very old specimens can reach 15 m (49 ft.).
- Its oval leaves, alternately arranged, are 4 to 10 cm (1.6 to 3.9 in) long and have crenulate margins.
What you need to know about orange farming
- Acquire your seedlings from reputable farms, preferably at the onset of rains.
- If not acquired at the onset of rains, ensure you adequately provide irrigation to the seedlings.
- Prepare the field and dig planting holes 60 x 60 x 60 cm.
- Usually, the plant density varies from 150 to 500 trees per ha, which means distances of 5 by 6 meters or 7 by 8 meters (oranges, grapefruits, and mandarins).
- It is very important to ensure that seedlings are not transplanted too deep.
- After planting, the seedlings ought to be at the same height or preferably, somewhat higher than in the nursery.
- Under no circumstances must the graft union ever be in contact with the soil or with mulching material if used.
- Keep the trees free of weeds.
- Remove all side branches/rootstock suckers.
Requirements for planting orange seedlings
- Oranges grow over a wide range of soils but light, well-drained (sandy) soils are most ideal.
- For good productivity, oranges require well-distributed rainfall or supplementary irrigation throughout the year. A good source of water is therefore essential in orange farming.
- Oranges can be grown from as low as sea level to 200m above sea level. Areas of low humidity are most ideal.
- Such a climate is important for reduced disease intensity and for acquiring good orange colour.
- A dry hot day, cool at night climate also favours good colour development.
- The optimum temperature for propagation is 25⁰C-35⁰C. Extremely high temperatures may be harmful especially during flowering or if cool temperatures are followed by a hot period.
- Excessive wind can cause serious damage to orange trees and fruits.
Specification: Orange Seedlings (Tangelo | Tangerine)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…