Poinsett Cucumber Seeds | 100g
Poinsett Cucumber seeds produce fruits that are straight, dark green, non-bitter and delightfully crisp cucumbers. They are 7 – 8” long with a 2 – 2½” diameter. With the market dominated by hybrids, Poinsett cucumber is one of the best open-pollinated, classic slicing cucumbers. They are resistant to many common diseases that plague cucumber plants, including powdery & downy mildew, anthracnose, angular leaf spot, and scab.
Planting Process of Poinsett Cucumber seeds
- Sow cucumbers from mid-spring into small pots of seed starting or general-purpose potting mix.
- Sow two seeds about an inch (3cm) deep, then water well.
- Cucumbers need temperatures of at least 68ºF (20ºC) to germinate, so either place pots in a propagator for speedier germination, or simply wait until late spring to get started.
- Cucumber seed prefers rich, fertile soil, so dig in plenty of well-rotted organic matter such as compost before planting.
- If you’re growing your cucumbers upwards using supports such as trellis, set plants at about 18 inches (45cm) apart.
- If you’ll be leaving them to sprawl over the soil surface instead, plant them about three feet (90cm) apart.
- Once the seedlings appear, remove the weakest to leave one per pot
Harvest cucumbers when they begin to fill out but before they completely lose their ridges. They should still be dark green and firm but not hard. Cucumbers can always be harvested smaller when they are young and tender, especially for pickling.
Benefits of Poinsett Cucumber
- Promotes hydration: About 95% of the weight of cucumbers is made up of water.
- Cucumbers help you stay hydrated, which is crucial for skin health, stamina, and eliminating waste products from your body.
- Aids weight loss: Cucumbers are low in calories and rich in fibre, helping you feel full for longer.
- Antioxidant-rich: Cucumbers are rich in antioxidants including flavonoids.
- Cucumber helps to destroy cancerous tumour cells. Cucurbitacin, a substance in the cucumber, always stops cancer cells from growing
- Cucumber seed and fruit are rich sources of fibre. And fibre helps to control cholesterol levels and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
Specification: Poinsett Cucumber Seeds | 100g
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…