Date Palm Seedlings
We offer date seedlings which are confirmed to be premium products that will allow you to grow healthy dates on your farm.
- Dates are good sources of energy, sugar, and fiber. Essential minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium and zinc can also be found in them.
- They also contain vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin A and vitamin K.
- We deliver nationwide. Kindly book ahead.
Date Palm Seedlings
We offer date palm seedlings which are confirmed to be premium products that will allow you to grow healthy dates on your farm. Dates are good sources of energy, sugar, and fiber. Essential minerals such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium and zinc can also be found in them. They also contain vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin A and vitamin K.
Here are five reasons to eat more dates:
- Dates are a source of antioxidants: All dates, fresh or dried, contain different types of antioxidants. Fresh dates contain anthocyanidins and carotenoids, while dried dates contain polyphenols – just like green tea.
- Dates can be good for blood sugar balance: Diabetes researchers have shown that dates have a low glycemic impact. This means that eating dates alone, or with a meal, may help people with type-2 diabetes manage their blood sugar and blood fat levels.
- Dates can help reduce blood pressure: A standard serving of five or six dates provides about 80 milligrams of magnesium, an essential mineral that helps dilate blood vessels. Research shows that supplementing with 370 milligrams of magnesium can reduce blood pressure. However, taking such a large dose all at once often causes diarrhea. Dates are a delicious way to increase your magnesium intake more gently.
- Dates contain a brain booster: Each little date contains over two milligrams of choline, a B vitamin that’s a component in acetylcholine, the memory neurotransmitter. Higher choline intake is associated with better memory and learning, making it a key nutrient for children and older adults at risk for Alzheimer’s.
- Dates help maintain bone mass: Research shows that bone loss in post-menopausal women with osteopenia can be reduced by increasing the intake of potassium. One dried date provides nearly 140 milligrams of this valuable nutrient. Scientists believe that high potassium intake protects bone mass by reducing the amount of calcium excreted through the kidneys.
- Seedlings should be removed from the main nursery by lifting with a spade and the roots carefully cut. Seedlings should never be lifted from the soil by pulling the leaves or stem.
- It is important to keep the seedlings in the shade and out of the sun and to have them planted as early as possible after removal from the main nursery.
- Once your date palm tree has started growing, water the tree frequently. As long as the soil drains well, you really can’t water it too often.
- Second, growing date palms are heavy feeders that require regular, complete fertilizer. Look for a fertilizer that provides both the basic nutrients plus trace nutrients like boron, manganese, and magnesium.
- Third, date palms are very cold sensitive. If you live in an area that gets cold, provide supplemental light indoors and keep it away from drafts.
- In the hot season, summer, grow it outdoors and make sure you place it in a very sunny and warm spot.
Specification: Date Palm Seedlings
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.