Dwarf Coconut Palm (Malaysian Variety)
We offer the Malaysian variety of dwarf coconut palm which is frequently grown for high productivity and value.
- Each seedling ranges from 2-6 months of age.
- The offered product has been proven to be resistant to the Lethal Yellowing Disease of coconut, therefore, it is now being advocated for combating the disease.
- Due to its attractive appearance, this coconut variety is used for ornamental purposes.
We deliver nationwide.
Dwarf coconut palm
In addition to its nutritional value, our dwarf coconut palm is used to beautify gardens, parks, playgrounds, etc.
- After 3-5 months in the main nursery bed, coconut seedlings are ready for planting out in the field and this should coincide with the onset of rains.
- Proper selection of seedlings in the main nursery alone ensures a 10% improvement in yield.
- Below are pointers to good coconut seedlings:
- Shoots should have a girth of 10-12 cm at the collar with about 6 leaves.
- Short and thick leaf stalks.
- Seedlings should have a robust healthy appearance and be free from pests and diseases.
Malaysian Dwarf Coconut Seedlings
- Flowers 3-4 years after yield establishment and produces 81 nuts per palm per year.
- It has been proven to be resistant to the Lethal Yellowing Disease of coconut.
- Therefore, this particular variety is now being advocated for combating the disease.
- This variety is also used for ornamental purposes.
- After the coconut has been planted point side down with one-third of the coconut above the soil, it is moved to a well lit, warm spot, the warmer the better as coconuts do best in spots that are 70⁰F (21⁰C) or warmer.
- It is important to keep coconuts well-watered during germination without letting it sit in overly wet soil.
- If you want to plant a coconut that has already sprouted, go ahead and plant it in well-draining soil so that the bottom two-thirds of the coconut is in the soil.
- Place in a warm area and water frequently.
Growing seedlings in polythene bags
- For seedlings grown in polythene bags, advantages include more vigorous seedlings with a better root system, better establishment, and early bearing.
- Transplanting shock is greatly minimized since there is no root damage and the early establishment of transplanted seedlings.
- Seedlings can be retained longer in the nursery when conditions for field planting are not favorable.
- Weeding, watering, and elimination of unwanted seedlings are more easily accomplished in seedlings planted in polythene bags.
- Polybags are preferably black, UV resistant for durability, and measuring 40 – 45 cm wide with 8 – 10 holes at the bottom. The sides are half-filled with soil and compost mixed at a 50:50 ratio.
- Decomposed sawdust, corncobs, rice hull, and other organic materials can be used so as to reduce the weight of the half-filled polybag and improve drainage and soil fertility.
Specification: Dwarf Coconut Palm (Malaysian Variety)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…