Oba Super-6 Maize Seeds (Pro-Vitamin A Maize)
We offer Oba Super-6 which is a high-yielding hybrid maize seed indicated for profitable maize plantation.
- Compared to other maize seed products, it has wider adaptability and tolerance to low moisture stress.
- It also optimally responds to high inputs, good management, and planting density.
- Fortified with pro-vitamin A, this product has added nutritional benefits.
- The offered product is packaged in 2kg bags
Oba Super-6 is a hybrid maize seed from Premier Seeds Company, a member of the Seed Association of Nigeria (SEEDAN).
- Maize is one of the largest cereal crops in Nigeria cultivated on an area of over 1 million hectares.
- Premier Seeds Hybrids have played a significant role in improving the productivity of Nigerian Corn farmers through their investment in research and development.
- Premier Seeds offers an extensive portfolio of hybrids for selection to meet the local customer needs with a continued focus on helping farmers harvest more.
Oba Super-6: Product characteristics
- Variety: Oba Super-6
- High yielding hybrid suitable for rainfed conditions
- Wider adaptability, tolerant to low moisture stress and respond to high inputs, good management, and planting density
- Bold attractive grains, good colour, good kernel quality
- Yield potential: 6-9 Tons / Hectare
- Colour: Provitamin A (Yellow)
How to plant
- It is packaged in 2kg. Plant 1 seed per hole at a spacing of 25cm within the ridge and 75cm between ridges.
- Apply NPK 15:15:15 fertilizer at the rate of 8 bags per hectare at 2 weeks after planting by burying it 3cm deep and 5-7cm away from the plant.
- Weed the farm at the early stage of weed emergency and ensure that the farm is always weed-free.
- Apply urea at the rate of 3 bags per hectare at 4-6 weeks after planting.
- Depending on management; yields of between 5-7 tons per hectare are obtainable.
HYBRID INFORMATION OBA SUPER 6 Hybrid Type Single Cross Kernel Colour Yellow Kernel Type Flint Photoperiod Neutral Days to mid-silking 60 Maturity date 100 – 105 Adaptation Southern, northern & Sudan
Plant Height (cm) 180 – 195 Ear Height (cm) 85 – 95 Pest / Disease Tolerance Tolerant to the major diseases of maize, e.g., maize streak virus, downy mildew, rust, leaf blight and curvularia leaf spot. Biofortified with Pro-Vitamin A. Potential Yield (tons / hectare) 7 – 8 Outstanding Characteristics More adapted to southern Guinea savanna, northern Guinea savanna and Sudan savanna ecologies; high yield; drought tolerant; low soil nitrogen-efficient;
excellent plant and ear aspect.
Nutrient Content 9.06 % MC Flour; 1.44 % Ash; 5.68 % Fat; 2.96 % Sugar; 72.88
% Starch; 23.27 % Amylose;
9.54 % Protein
- Seed rate: 15-20 kg per hectare
Specification: Oba Super-6 Maize Seeds (Pro-Vitamin A Maize)
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
Products shipped in good condition are not liable for returns or refunds.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
If you have any complaint on our products, kindly send a pictorial/media evidence as soon as possible.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…