Onion Violet Damani | Technisem Brand (5g)
Widely consumed all over the world, this onion seed is needed by every household. In times when poverty made eating meat or bread impossible, the people of Italy grew this tiny onion and made it a staple of their diet.
- Their firm, juicy quality does not diminish with storage but rather sweetens its flavour.
- Onions are a staple in the kitchen and essential for adding flavour to numerous dishes all year long.
Buy our onion seeds today. They are high-quality plant products with good flavour and sumptuous flesh.
Our Onion Violet Damani Technisem Brand (5g) is ideal for planting. DAMANI is a short day onion, Galmi type. Very popular in Subsaharan Africa, this variety is very well adapted to the environmental conditions of this region. Our continuous breeding work on this variety is among others, maintaining a low splitting rate and a bolting rate as low as possible. The bulb is flattened thick with light purple skin and a thin neck. DAMANI has very good storage when it’s harvested to complete maturity (around 80% of falling) and stored in a well-ventilated room.
- Light purple skin
- Flattened thick shape
- Medium size
- Thin neck
- Very pungent
- 100 to 110 days after transplanting
- Very good storage ability in a well-ventilated room and protected from the rain
Growing onion seed
- Plant the seeds 1/2″ deep in a flat 2-3 months before the last frost date; keep the soil moist and at room temperature.
- When the tops begin to flop over, cut them off to 3″ to focus the growing on the roots.
- Four weeks before the last frost or when the soil reaches at least 50 degrees F, transplant the seedlings 6″ apart in rows 12″ apart.
- For direct sowing, sow three seeds per inch 1/2″ deep in light, rich soil, and full sun.
- Thin the seedlings 2-6″ apart, depending on the desired size. Thinned onions can be transplanted or used for fresh eating. For companion planting benefits, plant onions with members of the cabbage family, lettuce, or tomatoes; avoid planting onions with peas or beans. In areas with warmer winters, onions may be grown as a fall or winter crop.
Specification: Onion Violet Damani | Technisem Brand (5g)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…