Para-Plus Herbicide (Paraquat 20% SL | 1L)
Are you looking for a cost-effective way of controlling weed on your farmland for more profitable crop production? Don’t worry, Para-Plus Herbicide has got you covered!
Para-Plus Herbicide is a non-selective pre-planting herbicide that is highly reputable as a very important agricultural product used by crop farmers.
- The herbicide is very effective in the control of stubborn, annual and perennial grasses and broad-leaved weeds.
- The offered product is recommended for application to a wide range of crops to increase productivity on the farmland.
- Active ingredient in Para-Plus is paraquat 20% SL.
Para-Plus Herbicide is a non-selective pre-planting herbicide that is highly reputable as a very important agricultural product used by crop farmers. The herbicide is very effective in the control of stubborn, annual and perennial grasses and broad-leaved weeds. The offered product is recommended for application to a wide range of crops to increase productivity on the farmland.
The offered product is formulated for agricultural use only. Below are some of the features of Para-Plus Herbicide:
- Active Ingredient: Paraquat SL (200g of active ingredient per 1000g)
- Type: Non-selective, Pre-planting Herbicide
- Mode of Action: Contact-Photosynthesis inhibitor
Importance of herbicides in crop production
Production of major crops has more than tripled since 1960, thanks in large part to pesticides (including herbicides). Without pesticides, more than half of our crops would be lost to pests and diseases.
Food crops on farms must compete with 30,000 species of weeds and this competition can be detrimental to the survival of the crops. This shows the pertinent need for specific chemicals that can deal with these pests while prolonging the life of crops and preventing post-harvest losses.
- Herbicides help farmers grow more food on less land by protecting crops from various species of weeds.
- The use of herbicides will serve to increase the productivity per hectare.
- They enable farmers to produce safe, quality foods at affordable prices.
- They also help farmers to provide an abundance of nutritious, all-year-round food which is necessary for human health.
The Double Knockdown Technique
“Double knock” refers to the sequential application of two weed control tactics applied in such a way that the second tactic controls any survivors of the first. A common combination is Glyphosate followed by paraquat (for example, Para-Plus Herbicide) or paraquat/diquat.
- Double knockdown delays or prevents the development of glyphosate resistance.
- Using a double knockdown strategy reduces the number of (potentially resistant) weeds to be controlled in the crop farm.
- Excellent weed control is achieved.
- Glyphosate should be applied first, followed by paraquat or paraquat/diquat.
- The timing between applications will vary depending on the main target weed species.
- Consider the main target weed species when choosing what herbicides to use in the double knockdown.
- Double knockdown is more expensive than a single herbicide application.
Precautions to take!!!
- Application and timing are important to maximize the effectiveness of herbicides and to reduce the impact on non-target crops.
- Specific safety precautions should also be taken particularly when transporting, mixing and applying herbicides.
- Read the safety directions before opening or using the product.
Specification: Para-Plus Herbicide (Paraquat 20% SL | 1L)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…