Eggplants are relatively adaptable to a range of garden conditions, but optimal conditions will improve plant growth and yields. Like tomatoes and peppers, eggplants develop and hang from the branches of a plant that grows several feet in height.
African Eggplant Treated Seeds (Garden-Egg/Gueleward | BioStim Protected | Bakker Brothers Brand)
- It is rich in fiber, low in calories, it provides a range of nutrients, and it features in the Mediterranean diet.
- Eggplants require 100 to 120 days to reach maturity from seed, but choosing a faster-maturing variety and establishing optimal growing conditions can bring fresh, ripe eggplants more quickly from your garden to your table.
- These seeds have been treated with Bio-Stimulants which confer: Increased germination energy, increased root growth, increased vegetative growth, increased fruit setting, increased fruit quality (shape, weight, colour), increased resistance to climatic stress, advanced ripening, and increased sugar content.
The African eggplant Gueleward seed (garden-egg)
This is one of the most commonly cultivated eggplants, which is a popular traditional vegetable in tropical Africa. This species is grown for their leaves and fruits. The fruits are consumed fresh as well as boiled, steamed, pickled, or in stews with other vegetables or meats, while young leaves are often used in soups and with other vegetables.
- The eggplant is a delicate, tropical perennial often cultivated as a tender or half-hardy annual in temperate climates.
- The stem is often spiny, with white to purple flowers featuring five-lobed corolla and yellow stamens.
- The egg-shaped, glossy fruit has white flesh with a meaty texture. The cut surface of the flesh rapidly turns brown when the fruit is cut open.
- It grows 40 to 150 cm (1.3 to 4.9 ft) tall, with large, coarsely lobed leaves that are 10 to 20 cm (3.9 to 7.9 in) long and 5 to 10 cm (2.0 to 3.9 in) broad.
- The fruit is pale green turning to orange-red at maturity. It has semi-dwarf plants with very high production.
Health benefits of the African Eggplant
The need to increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables can never be overlooked, and talking about fruits and vegetables, it is important to note that when it comes to garden egg, the health benefits are incredible.
- The phenolic compounds in eggplant contain anthocyanins, a type of flavonoid, and chlorogenic acid, a powerful free-radical scavenger. It goes to say that this plant counted among the healthiest of plants.
Some of the health benefits include:
It helps in fighting cancer
- Studies have shown that polyphenols in eggplant have anti-cancer effects.
- The anthocyanins and chlorogenic acid that are contained in garden egg help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. This thus prevents tumor growth and the spread of cancer cells.
- The anticancer action of anthocyanins appears to include preventing new blood vessels from forming in the tumor, reducing inflammation, and blocking the enzymes that help cancer cells to spread.
- The African Eggplant is packed with vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients which make it an essential part of the daily ration of every pregnant woman.
- Given the fact that the baby is taking much of the useful nutrients for himself, women often suffer from the lack of individual components in their body. Hence, eating this plant can be an excellent solution to such situations.
- Lifestyle experts confirm that when it comes to weight management and loss, dietary fibers are one of the most important factors because they act as “bulking agents” in the digestive system.
- The compounds in garden egg do not only increase satiety, but they also reduce appetite.
- It is also known from observations that the eggplant helps reduce calorie intake by making a person feel fuller for longer.
It prevents liver disorder and helps control sugar level
- The antioxidants in garden egg help protect the liver from certain toxins; thereby making it a remedy for liver issues.
- Also, the garden egg helps control sugar level; making it a great dietary option for diabetic patients.
- Another amazing benefit is its It has the ability to reduce glucose absorption in the body and lower blood sugar levels.
- The cream-color flesh of garden egg has a pleasantly bitter taste and this is due to the presence of small amounts of nicotinoid alkaloids it contains. Its spongy consistency helps to protect from poor vision caused by glaucoma as well as improving overall vision.
Optimal Growing Conditions for the seeds
- Sunlight: Eggplants require full sun.
- Soil: Eggplants grow best in a well-drained soil that is relatively high in organic matter.
- Water: Once established, eggplants can tolerate dry conditions. Eggplants require at least 1 inch of water per week, especially once fruits begin to grow. Absent adequate rainfall, provide a single watering each week, moistening the soil to a depth of 6 inches.
- Fertilizer: At planting time, apply 1 1/4 pounds of 5-10-10 fertilizer per 10 feet of row. Broadcast the fertilizer and work it into the surface of the soil prior to planting your eggplants. When the first fruits are the size of a quarter, use 3 ounces of calcium nitrate fertilizer per 10 feet of row to side-dress your plants, applying fertilizer to the soil surface under the leaves. Sidedress eggplants again two weeks later, using the same amount of calcium nitrate.
Specification: African Eggplant Treated Seeds (Garden-Egg/Gueleward | BioStim Protected | Bakker Brothers Brand)
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
Products are well packaged and available for shipping nationwide.
- Kindly click here to review our shipping options.
products shipped in good conditions are not liable for returns/refunds. Kindly confirm your products/orders upon delivery.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.