Beetroot Seeds (50 Seeds Per Pack)
Our beetroot seeds are grown and available all year and can be grown without the use of pesticides.
- Seed will arrive packed inside our one-of-a-kind seed packs – an air/water-tight container.
- Use the seeds now or save the rest to use year after year.
- Each seed pack contains more than 50 seeds.
- You can even collect seeds from your own harvest and place them into your seed containers.
We deliver nationwide.
The ideal soil is medium to light which hasn’t been recently manured – this can cause misshapen roots. The soil should be neutral or slightly alkaline (PH 6.5 to 7.5) although it is tolerant of most normal conditions.
When to grow:
Sow beetroot seed from March to July. For early crops of small, delicious tender vegetables sow a bolt resistant variety like Pablo under cloches in early March.
Planting guide for Beetroot Seeds
- Beetroot planting is usually direct-seeded, but seeds can be started inside and transplanted later.
- Crop rotation should be practiced, as they all use the same soil nutrients and to reduce the risk of passing potential disease down the line.
- Prior to growing seeds of beets, amend the soil with 2-4 inches (5-10 cm.) of well-composted organic matter and work in 2-4 cups (470-950 ml.) of all-purpose fertilizer (10-10-10- or 16-16-18) per 100 square feet (255 cm.).
- Work this all into the top 6 inches (15 cm.) of soil. Seeds can be planted after soil temps reach 40 degrees F. (4 C.) or over.
- Germination occurs within seven to 14 days, provided temperatures are between 55-75 F. (12-23 C.).
- Plant seed ½-1 inch (1.25-2.5 cm.) deep and spaced 3-4 inches (7.5-10 cm.) apart in rows 12-18 inches (30-45 cm.) apart.
- Cover the seed lightly with soil and water gently.
Specification: Beetroot Seeds (50 Seeds Per Pack)
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…