Sweetcorn Bijar F1 | 250g
Sweetcorn Bijar F1 is hybrid sweet corn, sh2 type for the fresh market and processing industry with early maturity, 76-86 days. It is able to withstand harsh weather conditions due to its strong plant and high lodging resistance. This variety yields one cob but has the capability to yield two cobs under good cultivation conditions.
Place your orders now!!!
Sweetcorn Bijar F1 is hybrid sweet corn, sh2 type for the fresh market and processing industry with early maturity, 76-86 days. It is able to withstand harsh weather conditions due to its strong plant and high lodging resistance. This variety yields one cob but has the capability to yield two cobs under good cultivation conditions. Bijar has a very good tip fill that gives this variety an added value.
- Common Rust (Ps)
- Northern Corn Leaf Blight (Et)
- Maize Dwarf Mosaic Virus (MDMV)
Specifications of Sweetcorn Bijar F1
- Variety: Hybrid F1
- Type: sh2
- Market: Fresh Market, Processing Industry
- Yield: High
- Height: 200-220cm
- Height of First Ear: 70-80cm
- Lodging Resistance: High
- Length: 22-24cm
- Diameter: 5.2cm
- Weight with Husk: 440-490cm
- Weight without Husk: 330-380cm
- Rows in Length: 42-44
When To Harvest Sweetcorn
The tell-tale sign that your sweetcorn is ready for harvesting is when the tassels coming out of the end of the cobs go dark brown. This shows that they have picked up pollen and fertilized it, which is needed in order to produce and ripen the individual corns. Test by peeling back the sheaf and gently squeezing one of the kernels. If the liquid that comes out is a milky colour, the sweetcorn is ripe and ready. If it’s clear, leave it longer. If there is no liquid at all, you may, unfortunately, be too late harvesting.
Specification: Sweetcorn Bijar F1 | 250g
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…