Artificial Vagina (AV) for Sheep and Goats
Artificial vaginas are designed to imitate the female sex organ and to achieve this, they are made out of a soft material, lubricated, and sometimes heated.
- Artificial vaginas (AV) are used to collect semen from many species, most prominently cattle and horses, but also sheep, goats, rabbits, and even cats.
- Prerequisites to use of an AV are that the male is conscious, not significantly frightened of people, and more interested in ejaculating than in killing humans.
- For more information on how to set up the artificial vagina, please watch the attached video. It is also recommended to employ the services of a veterinarian or animal scientist when the use of the artificial vagina.
There are three commonly-used techniques for collecting semen from animals: The technique used depends on the species being collected and the disposition of the individual male.
- The use of an artificial vagina
- Digital manipulation
An artificial vagina designed for collecting semen will imitate some or all of the anatomical features of an animal’s vagina. The AV uses thermal and mechanical stimulation in order to stimulate ejaculation via simulating the pressure, temperature, and lubrication in the vagina to induce the animal to ejaculate.
Artificial insemination is convenient and practical auxiliary equipment, safe and hygienic, which can effectively prevent bacterial infection of sheep and cattle
Components of an AV
- A heavy hard rubber 2″ lose, open at both ends with a nozzle for air and water in an outlet.
- An inner sleeve of rubber or rubber liner/Rigid rubber casing with valve and latex inner liner with roll-up ends
- The semen receiving cone or rubber cone and rubber bands.
- Semen collection tube made of glass or plastic graduate in cc and its fraction correct to 0.1 cc
- Insulating/warming bag
- Graduated collection vial in tulip shape, 4 ml
How to use (please watch the attached video)
- The water jacket of the Artificial -vagina is- filled with hot water at a temperature of 45°C (113°F) by opening the nozzle.
- The graduated semen collection tube is fixed to the narrow end of the artificial vagina hose and fastened by a rubber band.
- The inner side of the rubber liner on the anterior side of the artificial vagina is lubricated with sterile jelly to a length of 3 to 4 inches.
- Air is blown through the nozzle into the water jacket, to create pressure in if, and the same is exerted the rubber linear, to simulate a natural vagina.
- The temperature of the artificial vagina is to be checked, at each collection, and it should simulate natural vagina at the mounting time.
- To collect semen, the male is allowed to mount and the penis is diverted into the AV where he ejaculates.
- It is best to allow the male to thrust into the AV rather than trying to slide the AV onto the male’s penis.
Specification: Artificial Vagina (AV) for Sheep and Goats
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…