Imported Gas Brooder (1000 Capacity)
We sell gas brooders which help to provide a source of heat for floor reared chicks. They utilize natural gas or methane, connected to a heating element hanged 3 to 5 feet above the chick/pen floor.
- This product works well with brooder guards (often in a diameter of 5 feet-which can hold about 200 chicks).
- Thus, the brooder guard is raised in the middle of the circle.
- The maximum heat source from this device can serve up to 1000 brooding birds
Imported Gas Brooder
This gas brooder is used to heat the environment of younger birds from days 1 – 10, it blows red flame. We have the 1000 chicks capacity brooder and also the 2000 chicks capacity brooder.
Brooding involves rearing baby chicks as newly hatched chicks do not fully develop the thermo-regulatory mechanism and homeostasis. You would need gas brooders for this crucial stage and our gas brooders are perfect for the job.
- Thus, it is often difficult to maintain the body temperature properly for the first few weeks of life-as birds might be subjected to chilling if not properly introduced to a regulated heat source.
- Brooding can be classified into natural and artificial brooding:
- Natural brooding: Involves the help of broody hens after hatching, up to 3 to 4 weeks of age.
- Artificial brooding: A large number of chicks can be reared in the absence of broody hens.
- Equipment used for artificial brooding is called brooders. These are composed of three elements:
- A heating source (electrical, gases like natural gas, methane, liquid fuel like kerosene, solid fuel like coal, wood can be used as a heating material).
- Reflectors (concentrates the heat emanating from the heating source).
- Brooder guard.
Precautions while using a gas brooder
- Check the brooder for proper temperature 24 hours prior to the arrival of chicks.
- This brooder does not come with a thermostat, thus it works via manual adjustment of the gas-flow/know and height level to control heat intensity. Kindly click here to buy the digital temperature and humidity meter which can be adapted as well.
- Switch on the brooder heating source several hours before the arrival of the chicks in order to maintain the required brooding temperature.
- Watch the reaction of the chicks to the heating source in order to find out if the temperature provided is appropriate.
- Thus, the heat intensity can be adjusted by reducing the power of the bulb or raising the heating element higher for the birds.
- In case of too low temperature, there needs to be a supplement to the heating source. Also, the heating source can be further lowered to the ground.
Specification: Imported Gas Brooder (1000 Capacity)
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
Refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…