Insemination Bags (Sheath For Cattle)
We offer insemination bags which are premium products that are used to collect semen samples received via the artificial vagina (AV).
- The offered product is an accessory tool for successful artificial insemination in animals.
- Artificial insemination is the technique in which semen with living sperms is collected from the male and introduced into the female reproductive tract at the proper time with the help of instruments.
Place your orders now and we deliver nationwide.
We offer insemination bags which are premium products that are used to collect semen samples received via the artificial vagina (AV). The offered product is an accessory tool for successful artificial insemination in animals.
What is artificial insemination?
Artificial insemination is the technique in which semen with living sperms is collected from the male and introduced into the female reproductive tract at the proper time with the help of instruments.
Artificial insemination is not merely a novel method of bringing about impregnation in females. Instead, it is a powerful tool mostly employed for livestock improvement. By the adoption of artificial insemination, there would be a considerable reduction in both genital and non-genital diseases in the farm stock.
Semen Collection Methods
Various methods of collection of semen have been devised from time to time. The older unsatisfactory methods have gradually replaced by new modern techniques.
There are three common methods:
- Use of artificial vagina, then insemination bags
- By electro-stimulation method.
- By massaging the ampullae of the ductus deferens through the rectal wall.
Note: The ideal method of semen collection is the use of an artificial vagina which is safe for sire and the collector also.
The discovery that semen could be successfully frozen and stored for indefinite periods has revolutionized AI in animals. In 1949, British scientists discovered that the addition of glycerol to the semen extender improved resistance of sperm to freezing. Glycerol acts to remove water from the sperm cell prior to freezing and prevents the formation of cellular ice crystals which would damage the sperm. There are two methods of freezing and storing semen:
- dry ice and alcohol (-100 degrees F)
- liquid nitrogen (-320 degrees F).
Liquid nitrogen is preferred because there is no evidence of fertility deterioration with age. Fertility gradually declines in semen stored in dry ice-alcohol.
Frozen semen can be stored indefinitely if the proper temperature is maintained. Semen is usually stored in glass ampoules.
There-are different methods insemination in different species of animals i.e. speculum method, vaginal method, and recto-vaginal method.
- In the recto-vaginal technique, a sterile, disposable catheter containing the thawed semen is inserted into the vagina and then guided into the cervix by means of a gloved hand in the rectum. The inseminating catheter is passed through the spiral folds of the cow’s cervix into the uterus. Part of the semen is deposited just inside the uterus and the remainder in the cervix as the catheter is withdrawn.
- Speculum method: In this method speculum is placed in the vagina of the cow, which provides passage outside to the site of insemination, then inseminating tube is passed through the speculum and semen is deposited at the cervix insemination method.
- Vaginal method: Hand is passed through the vagina and the inseminating tube is guided by hand to the site of insemination and semen is deposited. Here there is a risk of contamination and injury of female genitalia.
Specification: Insemination Bags (Sheath For Cattle)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…