SelEmmune Liquid (Vit E+Selenium+Biotin+Folic Acid | Limited Stock Available)
SelEmmune has been developed considering the importance of Vitamin E and Selenium in immunity. It is also fortified with Biotin and Folic Acid which are essential requirements for excellent physiological growth, reproduction, and maintenance of homeostasis in poultry, especially laying birds.
SelEmmune oral is a poultry supplement recommended to boost immune response in poultry, which can be influenced by genetic makeup, nutrition, environment, management etc.
The innate immune system plays a fundamental role in the generation and maintenance of immunological balance. Chicken heterophils (avian equivalent of the mammalian neutrophil, and the most common white blood cells in birds) are the first line of defence that can launch a series of intra and extracellular protective mechanisms.
SelEmmune helps combat free radical formation leading to a higher disease resistance by the birds.
Constituents of SelEmmune
- Selenium : This forms a vital constituent of the major antioxidant enzyme, Glutathione Peroxidase (GSHPx). This enzyme reduces peroxides in cells thus preventing oxidative damage to the cells. Selenium in the form of selenoproteins is critical in the formation of the thyroid and other endocrine hormones. Adequate selenium levels have also shown to be necessary for normal spermatogenesis.
- Vitamin-E : As an antioxidant, Vitamin-E scavenges harmful free radicals which are produced normally by the cells especially during times of stress. Vitamin-E also enhances phagocytic activity of neutrophils, macrophages and NK cells.
- Folic Acid: Folic acid has an important role in the growth, development of feathers and in the production of red blood cells. Deficiency of Folic acid leads to poor feathering, skeletal deformities and an increased risk of anaemia.
- Biotin : Biotin is also known as Vitamin B7 or Vitamin H, a water-soluble B-complex vitamin that is required for cell growth & metabolism of both fats and amino acids. In poultry, biotin is vital for good feather development and improved skin condition.
Benefits of SelEmmune
- Stimulates humoral & cell-mediated immunity.
- Enhances the phagocytic activity of neutrophils, macrophages and natural killer cells.
- Increases production of antibodies in the immune system.
- Scavenges harmful free radicals.
- Prevents stress.
- Helps in normal growth, feather development and production of red blood cells.
Long-term effects of SelEmmune administration include
- Increase in size of eggs for laying birds.
- Increased nutritional value of poultry meat and eggs.
- Enhanced feed conversion rate in birds.
- Stronger and well-formed eggshells
- Combats free radicals in birds to enhance disease resistance
- Improved chick viability.
- Maintenance of tissue structural integrity.
- Ensures adequate vitamin E concentration in egg yolk
Deficiency of Vitamin E and Selenium is hardly detectable sub-clinically but leads to the following:
- Higher susceptibility to infectious diseases.
- Retarded growth and impaired feed conversion.
- Fatal aberrant development of the brain (encephalomalacia-crazy chick syndrome)
- Diminished fertility.
- Reduced stress resistance.
- Liver necrosis.
- Disorders of the cellular membrane.
ADMINISTRATION (through drinking water)
- Chicks………….. 5ml/100 birds per day
- Growers………..10ml/100 birds per day
- Layers…………..10ml/100 birds per day
- Broilers………..10ml/100 birds per day
- Breeders………20ml/100 birds per day
Specification: SelEmmune Liquid (Vit E+Selenium+Biotin+Folic Acid | Limited Stock Available)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
Mini Incubator for 180 Chicken Eggs/8 Ostrich Eggs Capacity (138W-220VAC-50Hz | Adapted for Electricity/Solar Power | 75AH Battery) Locally Fabricated Model