Fish Feed Extruder/Pelletizer | 1 ton/day
Extrusion is a high-temperature short time (HTST) heating process, it minimizes the degradation of food nutrients while improving the digestibility of protein and starches.
Our offered fish feed extruder is an ideal machine designed for processing floating aquatic feed pellets.
- It is recommended for producing feed pellets, especially for fish feed.
- We deliver nationwide.
Make a purchase today!
Fish Feed Extruder
A feed pelletizing machine is used for converting feed ingredients that are in mash form into dry pellets, resulting in strong, smooth pellets that are good for feeding fish. While a feed pelletizer is mainly utilized to shape or produce pellets, a fish feed extruder has many functions and shaping is only one of them.
Similarities/Differences between Pelletizer and Extruder
The similarities of a feed pelletizer and a fish feed extruder can be summarized as follows:
- Both utilize steam, pressure, and temperature.
- Both have dies to form the pellets (however, they work on different principles).
The differences between them are the following:
- A pellet mill shapes the pellets by compression through long dies, thus the pellet is dense. In most cases, a pellet binder is needed in the formula to facilitate the cohesion of the pellet.
- A fish feed extruder will expand the pellet through substantial gelatinization of the starch, expansion, and increased porosity thus the reduction of the density. No need for the addition of a pellet binder in most cases.
- In the case of floating fish feed, extrusion allows you to control the buoyancy of the pellet by the degree of starch gelatinization dictated by many factors such as the moisture content, extrusion temperature, and amount of shear generated and the size of the die used.
- In pet food, palatability and lower microbial load are crucial and extrusion enhances both.
- Extrusion allows you to use a higher level of oil or fat without creating many fines thus higher integrity of the pellet.
- Pelleted feed made by feed pellet machine can make animals have better performance than a meal ration.
- The heat generated in the pelletizing process can make the feedstuffs more digestible by breaking down starches.
- The fish feed extruder reduces waste and less segregation in the feed.
- It improves palatability.
- Pellets ensure a short eating period.
- Improved animal performance.
- The fish feed extruder requires higher levels of moisture, heat, and pressure than pelleting. A temperature higher than 100℃ is needed in order to achieve expansion of the feed as it leaves the die.
- Extrusion consists of wet extrusion and dry extrusion.
Place your order today
Specification: Fish Feed Extruder/Pelletizer | 1 ton/day
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- For more information on our shipping options, click here.
A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
There are no inquiries yet.