DRAMINSKI Estrous Detector (Cows, Mares, Ewes, Goats and Pigs)
DRAMINSKI Estrous Detector is a device recommended for accurate identification of the status of the estrous cycle for livestock. It provides producers with an easy to use and inexpensive solution for breeding and fertility management.
It determines precisely the ideal period to mate by pinpointing forthcoming estrous to:
- Increase breeding success, without the frequent false positives, inaccuracies, and breakage or losses common with other devices.
- It helps to determine the most fertile moment for breeding in animals.
DRAMINSKI Estrous Detector for livestock
An important element in animal reproduction is proper estrous detection. The high rate of missed estrous detection in breeding practice has been linked to increased expenses and loss of profits for farmers. Failure of early estrous detection has been cited as a common and costly problem limiting reproductive performance on farms.
Missed estrous cycles are often costly, difficult to detect and easily missed. Proper estrous detection is critical to farm performance and vital on farms.
Principle of operation
The DRAMIŃSKI Estrous Detector indicates estrous by monitoring changes occurring in resistance of the vaginal mucus.
Biotechnical estrous detection indicates that changes in the ovaries are accompanied by changes in the electrical resistance of the animal’s vaginal mucus and hormones.
In a healthy animal’s vagina, the electrical and chemical characteristics of mucus changes in a predictable pattern from the beginning to the end of the ovulation cycle. Thus, by measuring and noting these changes, one can determine that ovulation is pending, has happened or that an animal is pregnant.
Measurements are simple, fast, safe and comfortable for the animals and require just a few seconds. Taking a reading once per day is ideal, the device displays the results as a number. A few days before ovulation, the results will begin to decline which is your sign it is almost time to breed.
How to use this device
- Simply insert the probe into the animal’s vagina and note the results.
- By registering changes in the electrical resistance of mucus, you can establish symptoms of a forthcoming estrous.
- In addition to detecting the best date of mating, the estrous detector may also be used to confirm early pregnancy (from 19 to 23 day following mating).
- If there is no pregnancy, the device will identify another oestrous period occurring. To detect oestrous or early pregnancy you should make one or two measurements per day for several consecutive days.
Advantages of DRAMINSKI Estrous Detector
- Makes it easier to determine an optimum mating time for females with atypical estrous cycles
- It enables users to detect an asymptomatic estrous period (silent heat)
- Makes insemination more effective and increases breeding efficiency.
- The device is easy to clean and disinfect
- Light with a water-resistant ergonomic casing.
- Easy to read LCD display
- Sturdy probe with two electrode rings
- Comfortable handle (9V battery inside)
- Eliminates the need for uncertain visual observation
- Detecting false and silent heat reduces feeding costs on non-pregnant animals
The set includes:
- DRAMIŃSKI EDC oestrous detector,
- 1 x 9V 6F-22 type battery,
- Reusable transport packaging (made of plastic),
Specification: DRAMINSKI Estrous Detector (Cows, Mares, Ewes, Goats and Pigs)
|Country of Origin|
|Ready to Ship|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
There are no inquiries yet.