Heating Lamp (For Pets, Livestock and Brooding Birds)
This heating lamp provides radiant heat to keep juvenile livestock warm and cozy-via the top-bottom heat effusion from the ultraviolet bulb.
It features a brass base to minimize corrosion and hardened pyrex glass which is resistant to shattering (when in contact with liquids).
Heat placement for young livestock.
Heat is a critical component for getting animals started quickly and maintaining optimal health. During farrowing, nursery, and wean-to-finish, a micro-environment needs to be maintained within the pig pen to ensure piglets are protected from chilling-which could result in scours, thus less healthy and thriving piglets.
The provision of supplemental heat for livestock is characterized into;
- Top-down heat: Radiant heat from above the animals provides a zone of comfort for animals to go to the feeder/drinker then return under the heat source in the resting area.
- Bottom-up heat: Heat rises, so having heat under the juvenile animals tend to be more practical and economical as heat is not lost. This works well for farrowing and nursery animals.
- Provides a warm source of heat for growing animals (lambs, goat kids, chickens, piglets, ducks, puppies) or cold/convalescing animals.
- Features strong, safe and protective wire-guard, protected power cord and sturdy metal hanging chains.
- Made with glass reinforced plastic that is resistant to high temperatures.
- Wire-grill attachment keeps animals from damaging the bulb.
- Uses standard infrared (heat) bulbs, thus saves electric energy cost, thereby reducing production costs and complying with environmental sustainability requirements.
- Regular light/heat supply for juvenile livestock to keep warm as well as feed.
- It is very reliable with little maintenance required.
- Improves animal comfort and performance.
Heating lamp applications:
- Poultry House/coops
- Livestock Pen
- Farrowing pen
- Pet houses
Specification: Heating Lamp (For Pets, Livestock and Brooding Birds)
Providing heat source for brooding poultry and growing pets/livestock
|Country of Origin|
Big Dutchman has planned and realised feeding systems and housing equipment for modern pig and poultry production already since 1938. We offer you practical, economical and environment-friendly solutions all geared to future needs.
Big Dutchman is the recognised market leader in the entire industry. Across five continents and in more than 100 countries, our name stands for long-lasting quality, rapid service and unsurpassed know-how. Our innovations have had considerable impact on livestock management and will continue to do so.
We plan to make sure it will remain that way.
No shipping rates are available for this product.
All items ordered are shipped to Afrimash first for authentification and verification before being delivered to the buyers. We guarantee you of "zero risk purchase" experience in our shop and we do our best to ensure every customer is very satisfied with our products. Thus, we ensure you get exactly what you ordered for and swift delivery within the stipulated shipping/delivery duration. As delivery times are estimates and not guaranteed, delays in deliveries could be affected by weather-related delays or events outside our control, however, we always inform the customers in due time.
Kindly be informed that we do not accept returns or exchanges unless the supplied items are defective. For defective items, we accept notification within 24 hours of confirmed delivery and reception. Once we are contacted and informed of the defects, we will review the evidence then proceed with the approval of return as well as options for a refund. If you ordered for a specific product delivered in good condition, such products are not eligible for returns. We do not accept returns if you received the specific products you ordered for. Such cases will involve you placing subsequent orders for the other products without an option for return of previously ordered products or refund of payment. Thus, we advise our customers to review the product information pages, pictures and contact the listed customer care numbers for more inquiries for further clarification.