Portable Poultry Gas Brooder (Catalytic/Infrared Functions)
Gas brooders help provide a source of heat for floor reared chicks. They utilize natural gas or methane, connected to a heating element-hanged 3 to 5 feet above the chick/pen floor.
- This product works well with brooder guards (often in a diameter of 5 feet-which can hold about 200 chicks).
- Thus, the brooder guard is raised at the middle of the circle.
- The maximum heat source from this device can serve up to 1000 brooding birds
Brooding involves rearing baby chicks-as newly hatched chicks do not fully develop the thermo-regulatory mechanism and homeostasis.
Thus, it is often difficult to maintain the body temperature properly for the first few weeks of life-as birds might be subjected to chilling if not properly introduced to a regulated heat source.
Brooding can be classified into natural and artificial brooding.
Natural brooding: Involves the help of broody hens after hatching, up to 3 to 4 weeks of age.
Artificial brooding: A large number of chicks can be reared in the absence of broody hens.
Equipment used for artificial brooding are called brooders. These are composed of three elements:
- A heating source (electrical, gases like natural gas, methane, liquid fuel like kerosene, solid fuel like coal, wood can be used as a heating material).
- Reflectors (concentrates the heat emanating from the heating source)
- Brooder guard
Check the brooder for proper temperature 24 hours prior to the arrival of chicks.
- Switch on the brooder heating source several hours before the arrival of the chicks in order to maintain required brooding temperature.
- Watch the reaction of the chicks to the heating source in order to find out if the temperature provided is appropriate.
- Thus, the heat intensity can be adjusted by reducing the power of the bulb or raising the heating element higher from the birds.
- In case of too low temperature, there needs to be a supplement to the heating source. Also, the heating source can be further lowered to the ground.
Specification: Portable Poultry Gas Brooder (Catalytic/Infrared Functions)
|Dimensions||37 × 28 × 14 cm|
Providing artificial heat source/brooding for growing chicks
|Ready to Ship|
|Country of Origin|
No ratings have been submitted for this product yet.
No shipping rates are available for this product.
If shipping amount is not explicitly stated or incorrect, we will contact you about shipping costs immediately after ordering directly.
We guarantee you of "zero risk purchase" experience in our shop. We do our best to ensure every customer is very satisfied by our products. We ensure you get exactly what you order for and also make sure you get your items in time. We accept returns if you send us a message within 24 hours of receiving our products. If your message comes later than 24 hours, we would have to strike a bargain.