Portable Poultry Gas Brooder (Catalytic/Infrared Functions)
Gas brooders help provide a source of heat for floor reared chicks. They utilize natural gas or methane, connected to a heating element-hanged 3 to 5 feet above the chick/pen floor.
- This product works well with brooder guards (often in a diameter of 5 feet-which can hold about 200 chicks).
- Thus, the brooder guard is raised at the middle of the circle.
- The maximum heat source from this device can serve up to 1000 brooding birds
Brooding involves rearing baby chicks-as newly hatched chicks do not fully develop the thermo-regulatory mechanism and homeostasis.
Thus, it is often difficult to maintain the body temperature properly for the first few weeks of life-as birds might be subjected to chilling if not properly introduced to a regulated heat source.
Brooding can be classified into natural and artificial brooding.
Natural brooding: Involves the help of broody hens after hatching, up to 3 to 4 weeks of age.
Artificial brooding: A large number of chicks can be reared in the absence of broody hens.
Equipment used for artificial brooding are called brooders. These are composed of three elements:
- A heating source (electrical, gases like natural gas, methane, liquid fuel like kerosene, solid fuel like coal, wood can be used as a heating material).
- Reflectors (concentrates the heat emanating from the heating source)
- Brooder guard
Check the brooder for proper temperature 24 hours prior to the arrival of chicks.
- Switch on the brooder heating source several hours before the arrival of the chicks in order to maintain required brooding temperature.
- Watch the reaction of the chicks to the heating source in order to find out if the temperature provided is appropriate.
- Thus, the heat intensity can be adjusted by reducing the power of the bulb or raising the heating element higher from the birds.
- In case of too low temperature, there needs to be a supplement to the heating source. Also, the heating source can be further lowered to the ground.
Specification: Portable Poultry Gas Brooder (Catalytic/Infrared Functions)
|Dimensions||37 × 28 × 14 cm|
Providing artificial heat source/brooding for growing chicks
|Ready to Ship|
|Country of Origin|
No ratings have been submitted for this product yet.
No shipping rates are available for this product.
All items ordered are shipped to Afrimash first for authentification and verification before being delivered to the buyers. We guarantee you of "zero risk purchase" experience in our shop and we do our best to ensure every customer is very satisfied with our products. Thus, we ensure you get exactly what you ordered for and swift delivery within the stipulated shipping/delivery duration. As delivery times are estimates and not guaranteed, delays in deliveries could be affected by weather-related delays or events outside our control, however, we always inform the customers in due time.
1. Kindly be informed that we do not accept returns or exchanges unless the supplied items are defective. For defective items, we accept notification within 24 hours of confirmed delivery and reception. Once we are contacted and informed of the defects, we will review the evidence then proceed with the approval of return as well as options for a refund. 2. If you ordered for a specific product delivered in good condition, such products are not eligible for returns. 3. We do not accept returns if you received the specific products you ordered for. Such cases will involve you placing subsequent orders for the other products without an option for return of previously ordered products or refund of payment. Thus, we advise our customers to review the product information pages, pictures and contact the listed customer care numbers for more inquiries for further clarification.