Portable Electric Fan Brooder with Thermostat (220V | 3KW)
This machine helps provide an artificial source of heat for brooding floor reared chicks.
- It can serve up to 4000 chicks at brooding heat temperature.
- It features a dual purpose of providing pen cooling without heat dissipation.
- It comes with a thermostat to monitor the set temperatures (to prevent overheating).
- Products are accompanied by a user manual for easy utilization.
Electric fan brooder
Brooding involves rearing baby chicks-as newly hatched chicks do not fully develop the thermo-regulatory mechanism and homeostasis. Thus, it is often difficult to maintain the body temperature properly for the first few weeks of life-as birds might be subjected to chilling if not properly introduced to a regulated heat source.
Brooding can be classified into natural and artificial brooding.
- Natural brooding: Involves the help of broody hens after hatching, up to 3 to 4 weeks of age.
- Artificial brooding: A large number of chicks can be reared in the absence of broody hens.
Equipment used for artificial brooding are called brooders. These are composed of three elements:
- A heating source (electrical, gases like natural gas, methane, liquid fuel like kerosene, solid fuel like coal, wood can be used as a heating material).
- Reflectors or regulator (concentrates the heat emanating from the heating source)
- Brooder guard
Features of the electric fan brooder
It features a 3-step regulation on the heat intensity (low, medium and high). This depends on the number of birds as well as the recommended heat requirement. It also features a three-step fan speed setting (slow, medium and fast). Also, this machine can be used for cooling the pen house (as a fan). This features switching off the heat knob and setting the fan speed as appropriate. Other specifications include:
- 220V, 3KW
- 3-speed fan and heat regulator
- Metal casing and insulated handle
- 60 square metres coverage area
- Replaceable parts
Check the brooder and thermostat for proper temperature 24 hours prior to the arrival of chicks.
- Switch on the brooder heating source several hours before the arrival of the chicks in order to maintain required brooding temperature.
- Watch the reaction of the chicks to the heating source in order to find out if the temperature provided is appropriate.
- Thus, the heat intensity can be adjusted by reducing the power adjustment or by changing the position of the fan brooder in relation to the pen floor.
- In case of too low temperature, there needs to be an appropriate adjustment of the device settings.
Specification: Portable Electric Fan Brooder with Thermostat (220V | 3KW)
Providing artificial heat source/brooding for growing chicks
|Ready to Ship|
|Country of Origin|
No ratings have been submitted for this product yet.
Animalia Farm Services
- We value our commitment to providing viable solutions to challenges faced by farmers.
- This informs our dedication to provide access to quality farm equipment and products. Our product range includes imported farm equipment, gadgets, and services.
- With products from Animalia Farm Services, quality input, processing and output are reassured.
No shipping rates are available for this product.