Portable Poultry Gas Brooder (Catalytic/Infrared Functions)
Gas brooders help provide a source of heat for floor reared chicks. They utilize natural gas or methane, connected to a heating element-hanged 3 to 5 feet above the chick/pen floor.
- This product works well with brooder guards (often in a diameter of 5 feet-which can hold about 200 chicks).
- Thus, the brooder guard is raised at the middle of the circle.
- The maximum heat source from this device can serve up to 1000 brooding birds
Brooding involves rearing baby chicks-as newly hatched chicks do not fully develop the thermo-regulatory mechanism and homeostasis.
Thus, it is often difficult to maintain the body temperature properly for the first few weeks of life-as birds might be subjected to chilling if not properly introduced to a regulated heat source.
Brooding can be classified into natural and artificial brooding.
Natural brooding: Involves the help of broody hens after hatching, up to 3 to 4 weeks of age.
Artificial brooding: A large number of chicks can be reared in the absence of broody hens.
Equipment used for artificial brooding are called brooders. These are composed of three elements:
- A heating source (electrical, gases like natural gas, methane, liquid fuel like kerosene, solid fuel like coal, wood can be used as a heating material).
- Reflectors (concentrates the heat emanating from the heating source)
- Brooder guard
Check the brooder for proper temperature 24 hours prior to the arrival of chicks.
- Switch on the brooder heating source several hours before the arrival of the chicks in order to maintain required brooding temperature.
- Watch the reaction of the chicks to the heating source in order to find out if the temperature provided is appropriate.
- Thus, the heat intensity can be adjusted by reducing the power of the bulb or raising the heating element higher from the birds.
- In case of too low temperature, there needs to be a supplement to the heating source. Also, the heating source can be further lowered to the ground.
Specification: Portable Poultry Gas Brooder (Catalytic/Infrared Functions)
|Dimensions||37 × 28 × 14 cm|
Providing artificial heat source/brooding for growing chicks
|Ready to Ship|
|Country of Origin|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
There are no inquiries yet.