Aquafeed Production, Economics; Health Impact In Fish Management (PDF eBook)
The book will profoundly assist practicing and prospective fish farmers in running viable aquaculture ventures. It will greatly help students in aquaculture related studies. It is written as a compendium to enhance the farming of fish for national growth.
You probably know that there are four basic requirements in producing healthy fish. These are:
- Good fish seed from a good source
- Quality feed
- Adequate culture facilities and
- A healthy environment (water)
Being aware of the fact that over 70% of most farms’ recurrent expenditure is expended on feeding fish that are intensively produced, this piece is fashioned towards exploring various economic means of feeding fish, incorporating some useful, cost-effective agricultural/industrial products, by-products, and wastes as feed materials, without compromising the standard.
Included in the text are –
- Detailed highlights of what it takes to produce quality fish diets from a combination of conventional and waste materials
- Feed production analysis
- Field feed assessment techniques
- Proper aquafeed management
- Waste management techniques
- System management as it relates to feed intake
- And much more
As you know, good farming should be targeted at maximizing production through the use of cheap but high-quality feeds and
growth promoters (natural oils and probiotics) – to ensure low feed conversion ratio (FCR) and good business returns. However, the implication of each step taken in ensuring this goal must be well understood in order not to complicate issues.
You need to know why, how and when to introduce, adjust or change a feed.
Aquafeed Production, Economics & Health Impact In Fish Management is a book written by the authors as an update to the first edition – Fish Nutrition & the Economic Way to Feeding Fish‘. It is the 9th book in the series, being the 4th on fish production related topics.
Please enjoy and reap the fruit of this work as you discover the “golden eggs” for your farm, feed mill or general study.
- File Size/Type: 2.47 MB/PDF
- Print Length: 206 pages
- Publication Date: Second Edition, 2006
- Language: English
- ISBN: 978-978-51961-6-0
- T . O . A k i n t o m i d e (Veterinarian), OAK Ventures, Ibadan, Oyo State. He has first & Master’s degrees in Veterinary Medicine, University of Ibadan. His area of specialty is fish & snail production & health management.
- AYINLA A. Olajide (Aquaculturist), Rook In Horeb Nig Ltd., Lagos State.
- OBHAHIE A. Ibhade (Limnoecologist), Department of Animal & Environmental Biology, Delta State University, Abraka.
About Payment & Receiving this eBook
The first step is to add this item to your cart with the “Add to cart” button above. Next, click “Proceed to Checkout”.
Enter the required information and select “Bank Transfer or Bank Deposit” OR “Debit/Credit Cards” accordingly. Also select “I’ve read and accept the terms & conditions”
Lastly, click “Place Order”.
If you used Debit/Credit cards, you can immediately download your eBook; but if you used Bank Transfer or bank deposit, send your payment details and email address to +2348053928069 to receive your eBook.
The eBook is easy to read. It is in PDF and is downloadable from your email inbox. You can read it on your computer or iPad or phone. You can also print it out to read.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no inquiries yet.