African Giant Snails and Snail Farming (2020 Edition)
African Giant Snails and Snail Farming is the most comprehensive, practical and up-to-date guide to raising African Giant Snails.
- Written by experts, it is a combination of quality practical information and the business of snail farming.
African Giant Snails and Snail Farming (2nd edition) is a complete, upgraded combination of African Giant Snails and Snail Farming 1 & 2 books.
Readers will find quality information on:
- Modern snail farming,
- Housing i.e. snailery designing (including ornamental snailery)
- Feeding and feed combinations for snails
- Handling, hygiene and health management for snails (plus OAK Snail Health Management Chart)
- Processing, packaging, and marketing of snails
- And much more
The book concludes with an updated feasibility report that will guide you in writing a business plan or planning your snail business.
It is the fifth title on snail farming, and the 9th text in the series of books produced by OAK Ventures.
This book is aimed at encouraging global farming of land snails (especially African giant snails) for both domestic and commercial purposes; to project snails’ usefulness in the social, economic and health care sectors, and to encourage more research works on the production.
Other Things to Expect in the Book
Classical approach to production strategies, product processing, and marketing are discussed within the text. Also highlighted are possible solutions to some often encountered challenges in the practice.
Snail production is encouraged as a means to wealth creation via the sales of its soft meat and products/by-products, and to promote the general welfare of the populace by means of the flagged nutrient and medicinal values. The farming is suggested for each household because it requires less space, does not constitute any significant environmental nuisance(noise- and odour-wise), is less laborious and not time-consuming.
Furthermore, the animal is highly priced (where eaten) and harmless, unlike other conventional meat animals. The farming is thus recommended for all, even the less privileged.
- PDF: 309 pages
- Language: English
- Edition: Third edition, 2016
- T . O . A k i n t o m i d e (Veterinarian), OAK Ventures, Ibadan, Oyo State. He has first & Master’s degrees in Veterinary Medicine, University of Ibadan. His area of specialty is fish & snail production & health management.
- S . O . O j o (Wildlife & Eco-Tourist), Department of Wildlife and Eco-Tourism, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State.
- O . A . O y e d e l e (Agric. Engineer), Deparment of Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering, School of Engineering, The Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State
About Payment & Receiving this eBook
The first step is to add this item to your cart with the “Add to cart” button above. Next, click “Proceed to Checkout”.
Enter the required information and select “Bank Transfer or Bank Deposit” OR “Debit/Credit Cards” accordingly. Also select “I’ve read and accept the terms & conditions”
Lastly, click “Place Order”.
If you used Debit/Credit cards, you can immediately download your eBook; but if you used Bank Transfer or bank deposit, send your payment details and email address to +2348053928069 to receive your eBook.
The eBook is easy to read. It is in PDF and is downloadable from your email inbox. You can read it on your computer or iPad or phone. You can also print it out to read.
1 review for African Giant Snails and Snail Farming (2020 Edition)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.