Breedwell Pre-Lay Mash – 25kg Bag
The Breedwell Pre-Lay Mash is aimed at achieving an improved calcium metabolism, feed intake as well as flock uniformity. Pre-lay rations help the birds to adapt to the high calcium content of layer feed and to maintain sufficient daily feed intake. It is well recommended from 16/18 weeks of age to the onset of lay.
- This feed assists in the development of the calcium metabolism within the bird and assists to stem the reduced daily feed intake normally associated with early production.
- The feed when correctly used can also enhance the uniformity of the pullet flock.
- Allow 1kg of feed per bird for the 10 or so days the birds are on it.
- Minimum order is 100 bags and delivery is nationwide.
Breedwell Pre-Lay Mash
Pre-lay rations support a smooth transition from developer feed to layer feed, with 2 – 2.5 % calcium, while the other nutrients are similar to a layer feed.
- The major challenge to implement pre-lay feeding is logistics and correct use on the farm. As shown in table 1, I suggest using pre-lay feed for about ten days, with a maximum of 1 kg per pullet.
- Common mistakes are feeding pre-lay feed too early or for too long, which may result in a poor peak rate of lay.
- Higher levels of protein and amino acids allow late-maturing birds to catch up in development, with positive effects on the uniformity of the flocks, and the calcium content prevents the decalcification of bones of early maturing hens.
- Positive results of pre-lay feeding have been shown around the world in different production systems, and it is highly recommended to implement pre-lay feeding as a general practice for pullet flocks.
Unlike feeds for ruminants, poultry diets are usually complete feeds and supply the total daily requirements apart from water. These feed help to maximize production whether it be for eggs, meat or rearing replacements. Essentially, broiler varieties of chicken feed are denser in protein, which encourages the flock to grow bigger, faster.
- This is a loose and unprocessed version of chicken feed. Similar to the texture of potting soil, the mash is the finest variety of chicken feed commonly available. Mash is normally used for chicks, as it is easy to digest, however it is not uncommon for fully mature birds to be fed mash.
Specification: Breedwell Pre-Lay Mash – 25kg Bag
Point of cage birds | Prelay hens
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
There are no inquiries yet.