Yosher-Dan Pure Almond Oil (1 Litre)
Yosher-Dan Almond Oil is 100% organic and locally produced in Nigeria.
Almond oil is a good source of antioxidant vitamin E and unsaturated fats. Diets rich in unsaturated fat may provide some health benefits, including a reduced risk of heart disease and obesity, and they may aid weight loss.
It also has a light texture and easily absorbs into the skin. It can be used to gently dislodge debris from deep within skin pores and follicles, and also may help prevent future acne because of its vitamin A content. You can even create a natural facial scrub using fine sugar mixed with sweet almond oil, safe for even those with sensitive skin.
Yosher-Dan Pure Almond Oil
Almond oil: The almond (Prunus dulcis or Amygdalus communis L.), originated in southwest Asia and the Middle East. The Prunus dulcis and its synonyms officially refer to the tree from which the edible almond seeds are cultivated.
Healthy fats (unsaturated fats contained in almonds) along with fibers and various minerals, results in the cholesterol-lowering effect of almonds as well as the reduction of risks of cardiovascular disease and diabetes. Almonds are also used in body weight reduction and glucose management and are known to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidative properties. One hundred grams (100g) of almond oil contains 60 IU of vitamin E, 200% of the daily recommended amount. Generally, its benefits are found in incredibly dense amounts of unsaturated fat.
Below is the nutritional breakdown of 1 tablespoon (14 grams) of almond oil.
- Calories: 119
- Total fat: 13.5 grams
- Saturated fat: 1.1 grams
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.4 grams
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3 grams
- Vitamin E: 26% of the recommended daily intake
- Phytosterols: 35.9 mg
Almond oil is an excellent source of vitamin E and contains a small amount of vitamin K. The fatty acids in almond oil are mostly oleic acid and linoleic acid, with traces of other types of fatty acids. These 2 fatty acids are believed to be the most relevant components of the potential health benefits of almond oil
Fatty Acid Breakdown
Here are the proportions of fatty acids found in almond oil:
- Monounsaturated fat: 70%
- Polyunsaturated fat: 20%
- Saturated fat: 10%
- Regulates Cholesterol- One of the most widely known benefits of almond oil is its ability to regulate cholesterol. Regular consumption of almond oil raises HDL cholesterol (known as “good” cholesterol), lowers LDL (“bad” cholesterol) and generally lowers overall cholesterol levels naturally. Between the high unsaturated fat content (which is already really good for your cholesterol levels) and vitamin E, it allows oxygen and nutrients to flow freely through your blood.
- Reduces Risk of Heart Disease- Heart disease, like high cholesterol and many other conditions, is often caused by chronic inflammation. Almonds with antioxidative and anti-inflammatory properties, therefore, generally reduce the risks involved.
- Anti-diabetic attributes- Diabetes occurs when your blood sugar becomes elevated due to your pancreas or cells being unable to produce insulin properly. Almonds and almond oil have been proven to help regulate blood sugar levels and even prevent diabetes!
- Healthy weight- An almond-enriched diet can also help you shed extra pounds and lose weight fast.
- Healthy colon and rectum- Almond oil is extremely effective in improving gut health and reducing risks to colon cancer. It also acts as a mild, natural laxative (drink two tablespoons of almond oil or pour it over salads or vegetables daily).
- Treats earaches- It’s used to soften ear wax and relieve a blockage in the ventilation tubes within the ear. Almond oil has been proven to be safe for the ear, even if there are microscopic cuts inside (as many other earwax softeners tend to cause infection if exposed to microscopic abrasions within the ear). Simply warm a tablespoon in hot water, put two to three drops of the oil in the spoon and drop it into the affected ear, allowing the warm oil to go down the ear canal.
- Skin and Hair- One of its most well-known benefits is its ability to keep your skin and hair looking great! As a mild, hypoallergenic oil, it’s safe for sensitive skin, including baby skin. Absorption is best when the oil is warmed to body temperature before application.
- High in antioxidants- Almond oil is a great source of the potent antioxidant vitamin E which protect cells from harmful substances called free radicals.
Specification: Yosher-Dan Pure Almond Oil (1 Litre)
|Ready to Ship|
We produce, sell and distribute organic beauty products; wholesale and retail. We decided to go organic because there are numerous beauty products in the African market today which contain substances that are toxic and/or carcinogenic. A large number of these have been banned in the European Union and United States.
These harmful products find their way to African partly because African countries are considered dumping grounds by the manufacturers. Also, many importers lack the basic knowledge needed to choose safe and effective beauty products.
Another reason why we chose to go organic is our desire to see Africa turn to the use of locally made products in order to improve the economy of the continent.
No shipping rates are available for this product.
Ships From: Nigeria
Category: Health and Beauty Tags: African, almond, almond oil, beauty, Black, essential oil, Exfoliant, Exfoliate, Lightening, Moisturiser, Moisturising, moisturizer, Moisturizing, Natural, Nigerian, organic, Pure, skin, skincare, Smooth, Soap, therapy, Yosher, Yosher-Dan, YoshKool, YoshKoolAssociates