Yosher-Dan Pure Cocoa Butter – 1Kg
Yosher-Dan cocoa butter is 100% organic and locally produced in Nigeria.
Undiluted cocoa butter is effective for a wide range of skin care ranging from treating dry skin to cooking and making cocoa-based food items.
Yosher-Dan Pure Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter, also called theobroma oil, is a pale-yellow, natural edible vegetable fat extracted from the cocoa bean. It is used to make chocolate, as well as some ointments, toiletries, and pharmaceuticals. Cocoa butter has a cocoa flavor and aroma.
To harness cocoa butter, the beans are taken out of the larger cocoa plant. Then they’re roasted, stripped, and pressed to separate out the fat-the cocoa butter. The remnants are then processed into cocoa powder. Raw cocoa butter isn’t heated to very high temperatures during manufacturing processes, which means it usually retains more of the healthy fats and other compounds found naturally in cocoa beans.
Cocoa butter is a healthy fat, mostly saturated just like coconut oil. The amount of saturated fat it contains (as opposed to unsaturated fat) is between 57% to 64% of the total fat content, depending on the exact kind. Among the different types of fatty acids are:
- Arachidic acid (C20:0) 1.0%
- Linoleic acid (C18:2) 3.2%
- Oleic acid (C18:1) 34.5%
- Palmitic acid (C16:0) 26.0%
- Palmitoleic acid (C16:1) 0.3%
- Stearic acid (C18:0) 34.5%
- Other Fatty Acids 0.5%
- Prevents skin dryness- Cocoa butter makes an excellent skin moisturizer, hydrates the skin and improves skin healing. The natural antioxidants which are found in cocoa beans (the same kinds found in real, dark chocolates) are tied to improved heart health and cognitive functioning).
- Treatment of chapped lips- One of the most popular ways to use cocoa butter is on the lips, especially in homemade lip balms. It can be used with essential oils like peppermint oil to make flavorful lip palms that are also hydrating for delicate skin. Cocoa butter is an emollient, which means it adds a protective layer of hydration to your lips, useful for blocking the effects of very cold temperatures, sun damage or indoor heat, which can leave your lips dry.
- Anti-aging- Cocoa butter contains compounds called cocoa mass polyphenols, which can help diminish signs of aging, plus soothe sensitive skin suffering from dermatitis or rashes. Polyphenols are types of antioxidants that promote health both internally when eaten and when used topically on the skin. Cocoa’s polyphenols have been found to fight various chronic diseases, degeneration of the skin, sensitivities and even cell mutations
- Soothing of burns, rashes, and infections- Cocoa butter is gentle enough to be used as a natural treatment for eczema or dermatitis. It’s also an anti-rash natural remedy. Aloe vera gel or tea tree essential oil are also two great additions for applying to burnt or sensitive skin.
- Heart health- Plant-derived saturated fats are beneficial for reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases. The polyphenolic components found in cocoa butter have been shown to help lower inflammatory markers involved in atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), which is why cocoa is now considered an anti-inflammatory food. Cocoa also seems to help with lipid (fat) metabolism and is linked with a decreased risk for vascular events, such as a heart attack.
- Immune system booster- Plant polyphenols exert antioxidant powers within the immune system, fighting inflammation, DNA damage and cellular mutations, which are the underlying cause of diseases like cardiovascular disease, cancer and autoimmune conditions that can lead to fatigue. Using cocoa butter over refined vegetable oils can reduce inflammation in general and help with hormonal balance and brain health — all while working as an immune system booster.
Specification: Yosher-Dan Pure Cocoa Butter – 1Kg
|Ready to Ship|
We produce, sell and distribute organic beauty products; wholesale and retail. We decided to go organic because there are numerous beauty products in the African market today which contain substances that are toxic and/or carcinogenic. A large number of these have been banned in the European Union and United States.
These harmful products find their way to African partly because African countries are considered dumping grounds by the manufacturers. Also, many importers lack the basic knowledge needed to choose safe and effective beauty products.
Another reason why we chose to go organic is our desire to see Africa turn to the use of locally made products in order to improve the economy of the continent.
No shipping rates are available for this product.
Ships From: Nigeria
Categories: Health and Beauty, Special Therapy Tags: African, beauty, Black, butter, cocoa, cocoa butter, essential oil, Exfoliant, Exfoliate, Lightening, Moisturiser, Moisturising, moisturizer, Moisturizing, Natural, Nigerian, organic, Pure, skin, skincare, Smooth, Soap, therapy, Yosher, Yosher-Dan, YoshKool, YoshKoolAssociates