Beeswax is a product made from the honeycomb of the honeybee and other bees. it is used in the production of another Honeycomb by bee farmers and also for medicinal purposes by pharmaceuticals.
- Our naturally extracted beeswax is packaged in 1kg packs and available for shipping nationwide
Beeswax (Cera alba) is a natural wax produced by honey bees of the genus Apis. The wax is formed into scales by eight wax-producing glands in the abdominal segments of worker bees, which discard it in or at the hive.
Beeswax is a naturally occurring wax produced in the bee’s hives by honeybees (A. mellifera). Glands under the abdomen of the bees secrete this wax and it is used to build the honey-comb. There are eight glands in the bee abdominal segment (4–7) of female worker bees that produce the wax. The wax is recovered as a by-product when honey is harvested and refined.
- The quality of wax depends greatly on the method of production. Basically, two methods are used for wax extraction—melting and chemical extraction—with melting being more frequently used.
- Beekeepers can, however, produce raw beeswax by directly heating in the sun 2–3 times daily. This is a simple and cheap method of producing quality wax.
- To produce high-quality wax, melting honeycombs is the preferred method. This can be achieved by boiling the combs in water in stainless steel containers before separating the pure yellow wax from the comb residue.
- Generally, unhydrolyzed beeswax contains hydrocarbons (15%), esters (71%), free acids (8%), and other compounds (6%).
Beeswax is used for the making of wax foundations, and commercially beeswax has many applications, including candle making, metal castings, and modeling, in cosmetics, food processing, industrial technology, textiles, varnishes, and polishes.
Please note that the product may vary from the image displayed.
Specification: BeesWax (1Kg)
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
We ship our products nationwide
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…