Brewers’ Spent Grain | Wet
Brewers’ spent grain is widely available wherever beer is consumed and is frequently available at an affordable cost. As a result, many potential uses for this waste have been studied as a means of reducing its environmental impacts, such as use as an animal feed, fertilizer, or food additive. Please note that:
- Our wet brewers’ grain is sold per kg.
- The minimum order is 5000 kg
Place your order now!
Brewers’ spent grain (BSG) is the solid residue left after the processing of cereal grains for the production of beer and malt products. In the brewing process, grains are soaked in water until they germinate and then dried to produce the malt.
The malted grains are milled and steeped in hot water so that enzymes transform the starch into sugars. The resulting sugar-rich liquid (wort) is then boiled, filtered, and fermented to produce beer. Brewers’ spent grains are collected at the end of the mashing process, once all sugars have been removed from the grain.
The remaining product is a concentrate of proteins and fibre that is suitable for animal feeding, particularly for ruminants.
- Livestock feed: The low cost and high availability of brewers’ grain have led to its use as livestock feed. BSG can be fed to livestock in its wet stage or once processed and dried. The high protein content in BSG offers a wide variety of amino acids essential in the diet of livestock. Supplementing BSG in cow diets may increase milk yield, milk total solids content, and milk fat yield, when compared to maize. Brewers’ grains and other brewers’ by-products have also been fed to pigs, sheep, and poultry.
- Fertilizer: Brewers’ grain has high protein content and this translates to high nitrogen availability in soils, which could be ideal for many common crops such as beets, spinach, kale, and onions. In combination with compost, BSG improves the germination rate and the availability of organic matter in the soil.
- Food Additive: The high protein and fibre content of brewers’ grain makes it an obvious target to add to human foods. BSG can be ground and then sifted into a powder. This can increase fibre and protein content while decreasing caloric content.
Specification: Brewers’ Spent Grain | Wet
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
Refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…