Finisher Pig Feeds (TopFeed Brand | 25kg)
Are you looking for highly nutritious and well-tailored pig feeds for your finishers? You are just one click away to our premium nutritional package produced by the highly reputable animal feeds producers, Topfeed.
We offer complete feeds for finishers and fatteners above 45kg bodyweight. Our premium feeds are reputed for the following reasons:
- Improves the fat/ meat ratio.
- Easy to use.
- Ensures high growth performance.
- No mixing equipment required for application.
Minimum order is 200 bags and delivery is nationwide.
Finisher Pig Feeds
We offer Finisher Pig Feed produced in Nigeria by one of the most reputable producers of animal feeds in the country, Topfeed. While there is no “standard diet” regarding feeds in pig production, Topfeed is committed to producing the right nutritional requirements of your pigs.
- Finisher pig feeds are suitable for fatteners above 45kg bodyweight. Using our feeds, we are confident that your pigs will achieve high growth performance and there is an improved fat/ meat ratio. Our feeds are easy to use and are designed in a very precise manner for the healthy growth of your pigs.
- Finisher feeds are compound feeds used in the latter stages of the fattening of the pigs (their last weeks of life). Normally, they contain less energy so that the pigs do not get too fat or overweight. They also contain fewer vitamins and minerals because the animals will not need them, as they will be slaughtered in little time.
Feeding your Pigs
The most important part of swine production is knowing the correct way to feed pigs. To meet the necessary nutritional requirement of your pigs, they need a high energy diet that is low in fiber but contains ample protein. Pigs will consume enormous amounts of food quickly. To raise and maintain a healthy stock, maximize growth and reproduction, and increase production, it is necessary to feed them the right food and a balanced diet from wean to finish.
Foods to Avoid
When creating your own pig food mixture, there are certain types of food you’ll want to avoid for reasons ranging from slowed growth rate to outright toxicity. Here are the general foods to avoid in pig feed:
- Sweets and high-sugar foods
- Dog food
- Cracked corn
Foods high in sugars can slow growth rates while milk, meats, and fish can harbor viruses. Pits and seeds of apples, pears, apricots, and peaches contain a naturally occurring substance called amygdalin which is a cyanogenic glycoside that is released when chewed. Amygdalin will cause illness, discomfort, or even death. Potatoes contain natural toxins called glycoalkaloids, which can cause severe stomach ache or even death (though rare). Glycoalkaloids also contain solanine which destroys red blood cells, causes diarrhea, and heart failure.
Environmental Control For Optimized Growth
To maximize feed intake, a number of other factors need to be considered. These include temperature & environmental control, adequate supply of water, and sanitation control programs.
- Temperature: Pig temperature requirements are important to growth and production. Pigs are highly adaptable animals and can perform well within a range of temperatures. However, temperatures too low or too high can have adverse effects on the stock.
If, for example, temperatures are too cold, a pig will feed more but expend more energy to stay warm, resulting in slow growth. Hot weather can lead to heat stress and reduce feed consumption (and can possibly lead to death), so it is important to keep livestock cool in summer. Consequently, growth and maturity rates slow down, conception rates fall, and pig flow is reduced, disrupting stock levels. Depending on the season, keep buildings well-ventilated or heated, and provide adequate air space within the pen to ensure pig growth and production rates are maintained.
- Water: Provide lots of fresh, clean water. Water is the central part of a pig’s diet. One-half to two-thirds of its body weight is water. Access to clean drinking water is essential to a pig’s growth rate. Newly weaned pigs are especially prone to dehydration. Pigs must have water readily accessible for drinking throughout the day to maintain proper hydration.
- Sanitation: You should endeavor to implement sanitation protocols on your farm. Poor sanitation can lead to undetected disease challenges that reduce food intake. Properly designed feeders will encourage maximum feed intake.
Specification: Finisher Pig Feeds (TopFeed Brand | 25kg)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
We ship our orders/products nationwide.
Shipping duration is 3-7 days after order confirmation.
Refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
Kindly inspect your orders upon reception and append your signature when due.
There are no inquiries yet.