Grower Mash for Pullets/Layers (Chikun Feed) – 25kg Bag
The Chikun Mash products are nutritionally complete poultry feeds in ground form. The grower mash is aimed at achieving an optimum flock uniformity in preparation for the onset of laying. It is highly balanced in nutrition and normally given to birds from week 9 till 16 before transitioning to layer feed.
- Chikun Feed is made from best in class milling equipment, produced using high-quality ingredients as well as an excellent balance of essential amino acids.
- Minimum order is 600 bags and delivery is nationwide.
Chikun Grower Mash
The grower mash is aimed at achieving a higher growth rate, higher feed utilization rate, and low disease incidences for juvenile layers/pullets. It is highly balanced in nutrition and normally given to birds from 9- 16 weeks of age before the transition to pre-layer/layer feed.
Features of the Chikun feed for growers
- Second phase feed in rearing egg pullets.
- Designed to be fed from 9-16 weeks of age
- Helps in the development of optimum frame size for pullets
- Help the birds to reach sexual maturity at the correct weight for age with the correct carcass composition.
- Helps to achieve optimum flock uniformity
- Made from highly digestible ingredients
Good uniformity of particle size is essential because birds prefer bigger particles. Thus, when Mash feed is poorly produced, the dominant birds will quickly eat those bigger grain particles, while the rest of the birds will eat the finer particles. This situation can potentially create an imbalance in nutrition and consequently sub-optimal performance. This feed comes in the fine mash which makes it easy for the chicks to pick up the feed faster. With Chikun Mash, we have deployed cutting edge technologies into ensuring that there is uniformity in the particles, thereby tackling the imbalance in nutrition which is a common concern in the existing feed market.
Unlike feeds for ruminants, poultry diets are usually complete feeds and supply the total daily requirements apart from water. These feed help to maximize production whether it be for eggs, meat or rearing replacements. Essentially, broiler varieties of chicken feed are denser in protein, which encourages the flock to grow bigger, faster.
- This is a loose and unprocessed version of chicken feed. Similar to the texture of potting soil, the mash is the finest variety of chicken feed commonly available. Mash is normally used for chicks, as it is easy to digest, however it is not uncommon for fully mature birds to be fed mash. The main issue with mash varieties of chicken feed is that its texture often results in an increase of incidental waste.
Specification: Grower Mash for Pullets/Layers (Chikun Feed) – 25kg Bag
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…