Turkey Starter Feed ( 25kg Bags)
We offer turkey feeds for starters which are nutritionally complete poultry feeds formulated specifically for turkeys.
- The offered feed is a mashed variant and highly nutritious feed formulated to be fed to turkey poults.
- It is ideal for turkey poults from day-old to 3 weeks of age.
- Produced as a fine mash so that feed wastage is minimized, digestibility is improved and there is less feed separation, ensuring a consistent intake of nutrients.
- Formulated with recommended high protein level necessary for efficient live weight gain.
- Essential vitamins and minerals have been added to support high growth rates.
Place your orders now!!!
Turkey Starter Feed
The turkey starter feed is highly balanced in nutrition and is normally given to turkey starters from day-old till week 3.
- Turkeys should be fed nutritionally balanced diets for healthy growth and development and to ensure that there is enough protein, calories, minerals, and fat to meet the turkey’s nutritional requirements.
- Feeds are often adjusted to match the growth stages of the birds. Young turkeys (poults) are fed a “starter” mixture. As they grow, the feed is changed to meet nutritional requirements. Specific feeds are therefore available when your young poults become growers and finishers.
- Each type of feed includes the proper balance of protein, energy, fiber, fat, and other elements such as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and vitamins.
Turkey is reared either for meat or kept as breeders for hatching young turkey (Poults). However, in feeding turkeys which are to be marketed as meat, three diets are used which are starter, grower, and finisher diets.
Our turkey feeds are of three types capturing the nutritional needs for the different stages of growth of the animal. We have:
- Turkey starter diet ( fed from 0-8 weeks of age)
- Turkey grower diet (fed from 8-16 weeks of age)
- Turkey finisher diet (fed from 16-24 weeks of age)
All three diets are in mash form and should be fed ad libitum and alone to turkeys from day old till 24 weeks of age.
- Grain by-products
- Plant protein meal
- Vegetable oil
- Vitamins and mineral premix
- Improved growth rate
- Better bone mineralization
- Lower FCR
- Enhanced FER
The feed should be stored in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
|Age of Birds||Approximate Feed Consumption|
|Week 1||10 – 20 grams / bird / day|
|Week 2||20 – 30 grams / bird / day|
|Week 4||70 – 100 grams / bird / day|
|Week 6||110 – 160 grams / bird / day|
|Week 7||140 – 200 grams / bird / day|
- Note that the above feed intakes are only indicative. The data will vary based on season, sex of the bird, lighting, shed conditions, disease status, and other environmental conditions.
- The turkey house should ideally have a concrete floor, be cleaned thoroughly, and spread with clean litter such as wood shavings.
- A brooder or another heat source will be needed as chicks are unable to maintain their body temperature.
- For the first two days of feeding, it is best to spread some feed on trays to encourage the birds to eat. Replace the feed regularly so it remains fresh and palatable.
- The first three to five weeks are of vital importance for rearing turkey poults. When day-old poults arrive, it may be necessary to dip the beaks of some of them in feed and water in order to encourage consumption.
- Clean, cool, fresh water should be available at all times. Any wet litter near water points should be removed regularly.
- Turkeys should have access to insoluble grit to aid digestion.
Specification: Turkey Starter Feed ( 25kg Bags)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
Refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…