Siamese Fighter (Betta) Ornamental Fish for Aquarium
₦4,000.00 – ₦4,200.00
The Betta fish, commonly referred to as Siamese fighting fish (siamese fighter), is one of the most popular fish breeds purchased by budding freshwater fish hobbyists.
The Siamese fighters require more space than one might expect. Thus, it is expected to be housed in a large aquarium to define for space.
- Minimum order is 20 pieces
- The average age is 16 to 17 weeks
The Siamese Fighter
The Siamese fighting fish (Betta splendens), also known as the betta, is a popular fish in the aquarium trade. Bettas are a member of the gourami family and are known to be highly territorial. Males, in particular, are prone to high levels of aggression and will attack each other if housed in the same tank. If there is no means of escape, this will usually result in the death of one or both of the fish. Female bettas can also become territorial towards each other if they are housed in too small an aquarium. It is typically not recommended to keep male and female bettas together, except temporarily for breeding purposes which should always be undertaken with caution.
- B. splendens are known for their brilliant colours (as well as common colours of dull green, brown and grey) and large, flowing fins. In the wild, they exhibit strong colours only when agitated. In captivity, they have been selectively bred to display a vibrant array of colors and tail types.
- They are naturally insectivores and do not typically or naturally consume vegetation, however, they may consume the food of other tank mates if available, even vegetable matter.
- Betta species prefer a water temperature of around 75–82 °F (24–28 °C) but have been seen to survive temporarily at the extremes of 56 °F (13 °C) or 95 °F (35 °C). When kept in colder climates, aquarium heaters are recommended.
- Bettas are also affected by the pH levels of the water. Ideal levels for Bettas would be at a neutral pH (7.0)
- Properly kept and fed a correct diet, Siamese fighting fish generally live between 3 and 5 years in captivity.
The appropriate tank size is directly related to how experienced the fish keeper is, and how often they want to carry out water changes, in order to keep the water clean. Bettas have a labyrinth organ which enables them to survive in habitats of low oxygen threshold.
- Recommended aquarium sizes are 9-19 liters. However, smaller aquarium sizes are ideal if hygiene is made paramount.
- Bettas can cohabit with fish that are bottom feeders, however, it is not advised to keep them with feeders that may eat their fins or destroy the slime coat.
|Size||3 inches (7 cm)|
|Social||Males cannot be kept together|
|Tank Level||Top dweller|
Specification: Siamese Fighter (Betta) Ornamental Fish for Aquarium
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
₦4,000.00 – ₦4,200.00
You may also like…
₦4,000.00 – ₦4,200.00