Juvenile Geese (10 Weeks Old)
Check out our online store for your juvenile geese aimed at sustainable geese farming.
- The offered geese are reputable with proven survivability, productivity, and disease resistance.
- With the increasing need for the provision of enough food to the ever-growing population all over the world, there is a need to provide a sustainable increase in food necessary to feed the populace. Geese farming fits well into this system, especially considering the fact that they are well-adapted to the humid tropics.
- The average lifespan of a goose is between 20 and 30 years.
Place an order now to book your goslings and we deliver nationwide.
We offer juvenile geese that were raised in a hygienic and disease-free environment. Geese farming has proven to be a feasible alternative to chicken/ turkey rearing. While requiring minimal capital and lesser monitoring, geese farming allows you to get better returns on your investment.
A goose is a medium to large-sized bird reared in many countries all over the world. Typically, geese tend to have the same mating partners for their entire lives.
- The ideal housing for geese should provide enough space, an adequate pool of water, and protection from harsh weather.
- Although geese can practically fend for themselves and need little or no supervision, when rearing these birds, you’d need to put the right conditions in place to get optimal yield from your venture.
- The housing required by geese shouldn’t be too complicated. All they need is a safe and aerated environment with sufficient breeding space.
- You can cover the flooring of the house with wood shavings and sawdust. Don’t use hay or straw beddings.
- Essentially, the housing system should have a pond section. This is because geese like to mate on water. The absence of this pond will lead to the birds hatching unfertilized eggs.
Importance of raising geese
- Geese play an important role in the small-scale farming system as an economic and ecological alternative for weed control and as guard animals.
- The production of these birds gives farmers a big chance to increase their income and offers an exceptional alternative to chicken rearing.
- Cheap, easy to maintain, and provides animal protein as well as cash income.
- These animals supply nutritious meat, huge eggs, and rich fat for cooking. They also possess soft down and feather for bedding, clothing, and upholstery.
Know more about your geese!
- Geese are strong and hardy birds and are known to get to old ages, even in the wild. The average lifespan of a goose is between 20 and 30 years but a number of geese individuals have been known to live for much longer.
- They are amphibious in nature, capable of living on both land and water.
- While mating, geese stay monogamous for their entire life, producing families together every year. When a mate dies or is killed, the other will wait for years before choosing a new mate and sometimes, stay single.
- The female goose builds the nest and lays one egg each day until the full clutch of about 5 eggs is obtained.
- The baby geese, called goslings, are able to dive and swim 30 to 40 feet underwater when they are only 1 day old.
- Geese are one of the few birds who do not break up their family at the end of the breeding season.
- The wingspan of a goose is more than six feet. This enables it to fly very fast, with an average cruising speed of 30 miles per hour. Their speed during migration goes up to 40 miles per hour and if they are in a hurry they fly as fast as sixty miles per hour.
- Mating season in Nigeria is September to October.
Specification: Juvenile Geese (10 Weeks Old)
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
Before leaving the point of delivery, please count your birds while the driver is still there. Once you ensure the driver or delivery agent witnesses any loss or missing birds, kindly inform us at the pickup point.
- For dead birds on arrival, it is expected to occur based on circumstances beyond our control. Kindly offer pictorial or video evidence at the pickup point for confirmation with our logistics department who will contact you on the delivery status.
- We only offer Store Credit options if the claims are investigated and corroborated with all parties involved. Offers are only specific for mortalities above 5% of the total number of birds shipped.
- Claims after leaving the pickup point will not be attended to!!
We ship to state-specific pickup points (no options for home delivery of live animals/birds). Click here to view our pickup points in Nigeria.
- Deliveries and pickup for day-old chicks (50 chicks per carton) are scheduled for Mondays and Thursdays (Southwest Nigeria) and Tuesdays and Fridays (Other Regions) due to the longer distance of delivery from Ibadan. If you are in faraway places like Maiduguri and Adamawa, you will receive your birds on Wednesday or Saturday or on a scheduled day as informed by the Vendor/Driver/Afrimash Logistics staff.
- Kindly place your orders within 2 days (for broilers) and at least 2 weeks ahead-prebooking (for kuroilers/noilers and turkeys) before the expected delivery days.
- Do not pay additional fees to the third party transporters (from Ibadan) as your order on Afrimash covers the cost of the product and the shipping fee to your location.
- Before leaving the point of delivery, please count your birds while the driver/delivery agent is present to witness. Then contact us immediately if there are challenges. If your order is above 10 cartons, kindly give us feedback within 45 minutes after the pick-up
We currently do not ship directly to Adamawa, Cross-river, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Jigawa, Katsina, Yobe and Zamfara as they are forwarded for delivery through specific (forwarding) locations below for final delivery.
- We ship to Jos for [Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe and Yobe]
- We ship to Kaduna for [Katsina and Zamfara], Akwa-Ibom for Cross-river.
- Kano for Jigawa State.
Please note that the shipping rate stated on our website covers shipping fee to all specified forwarding locations above.
Our customers are required to pay all on-forwarding charges to the driver at the final destination.
For checkout information.
- Kindly choose Jos for all orders moving to [Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe and Yobe] and state the final location in the order note.
- Kaduna for orders to [Katsina and Zamfara] and state the final location in the order note.
- Akwa-Ibom for Cross-river and state the final location in the order note.
- Kano for Jigawa and state the final location in the order note.
Please indicate your final destination for delivery in your order notes.
- Delivery times are estimates and are not guaranteed, as shipments may be affected by weather-related delays or events outside of our control. However, our customers will be duly notified of any anticipated changes or rescheduling of orders in due time.
- Claims after leaving the pickup point will not be attended to!!
- If your order is above 10 cartons, kindly give us feedback within 45 minutes after the pick-up
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
Before leaving the point of delivery, please count your birds while the driver is still there. Once you ensure the driver or delivery agent witnesses any loss, and you confirm this with us, will follow up on the claims. Offers are only specific for mortalities above 5% of the total number of birds shipped.
- Once orders have been placed and paid for, as long as the delivery is assured within the stipulated window, we do not offer cancellation of orders
- Also note that we do not provide a guarantee on birds going to faraway places like Maiduguri, Yobe, and Adamawa. As much as we try hard to maintain a seamless delivery service using a third-party delivery agency, unrest and weather condition in these places are quite unpredictable.
- So, we will not be providing any warranty or guarantee on day-old chicks or poults going to extremely distant locations from Ibadan.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…