Old Layers (ISA Brown | Spent Hen)
We offer you healthy, strong, and disease-free well-fed old layers (spent hen (ISA Brown).
- They have been raised in a clean farm environment under good management conditions.
- You will need to book ahead of the coming festive season to secure your birds. Bookings are on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Limited stock is available. We ship nationwide.
‘Spent layers’ or old hens are egg-laying birds that are past their prime whose output is increasingly irregular, rendering them economically inefficient. The cost of feed and inputs remains the same but their earning capacity is greatly reduced. Thus the birds which have completed their whole 75 wks laying phase is termed as “spent hen” and need to be culled to give room for the introduction of new batch of grower birds.
- In the intensive egg industry, which is all about efficiency and return, these hens are often given off for sale to a thriving old layer market in Nigeria especially targetted at the festive seasons.
Benefits of Purchasing Old Layers
- They are sold at comparatively cheaper prices than other mature birds.
- Healthy and strong old layers that have been inspected and well scrutinized for deformities and infections.
- Age is from 75 weeks.
- Options for shipping nationwide
- Thriving market
Specification: Old Layers (ISA Brown | Spent Hen)
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…