Breeder Snail (Archachatina Marginata | African Giant Snail | 200-250g)
African giant snails – Achatina achatina, Achatina fulica & Achachatina marginata (mainly), are one of the largest (edible) land snails in the world.
- The production of these snails is a geometric profit yielding venture. Once stocked & well managed, Achatina marginata snail (least of the three in fecundity) lays between 6-14 eggs every 3 months, multiplying to about x10 of its original number in 6 months.
- The price here is per unit (per one). Also, Minimum purchase is 100 snails
The breeder snail is treated for both endoparasites and ectoparasites to increase their fecundity/performance.
- They are laying snails of average weight between 200 – 250g.
- They are of good quality and free of diseases.
- Place your orders today!
Characteristics of the breeder snail
- Well healthy and active breeder snails
- Low capital intensive
- Average weight of 200-250g
- Good source of protein
- Low fat & cholesterol levels
- Environmental friendly
- Low mortality
- Archachatina marginata ( African giant snail)
- Achatina Achatina
- Achatina fulica
Facts about snails
- Belonging to the mollusk family, sea snails lived 550 million years ago and land snails evolved 286 million years ago. There are now 43,000 snail species found in different habitats around the world.
- Their bodies have no bones and their shells are made of calcium carbonate with protein layers that harden over time.
- Water snails have the most intricate patterns in red, orange, and yellow whereas land snails use camouflage colors such as white, brown, and grey to hide from their many predators.
- Snails have a simple brain but are capable of associative learning and of forming long-term memories.
- They can lift up to 10 times their own body weight in a vertical position.
- Did you know snails have over 14,000 teeth on their tongue, which is rough like a cat’s, and they can locate food a few meters away due to their extraordinary sense of smell?
- The larger set of tentacles is their eyes, although they are almost blind and the smaller set is their olfactory organs.
Specification: Breeder Snail (Archachatina Marginata | African Giant Snail | 200-250g)
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…