Erythromycin (Centre Brand | 100g)
This product is an anti-microbial drug needed by farmers for the effective treatment of diseases, especially chronic respiratory disease (CRD) and gastro-intestinal tract infections in poultry, calves, and pigs.
- It is indicated for veterinary use only.
- Refer to the product label before use and follow all instructions strictly.
- Keep all drugs out of reach of children.
Place your orders today.
Erythromycin belongs to the group of macrolide antibiotics. It acts bacteriostatic by suppressing protein synthesis through binding to the 50S-subunit of the 70S-ribosomes and by suppressing the action of the peptidyl-transferase enzyme.
- The offered product is effective against gram-positive bacteria like Streptococci, Staphylococci, Clostridia and Corynebacteria spp.
- It is also effective against some Gram-negative bacteria like Pasteurella and Haemophilus spp, Mycoplasma spp.
- It is indicated for the treatment of respiratory diseases caused by Mycoplasma and/or bacterial infections in poultry.
- It is effective in the treatment of Chronic Respiratory Disease (CRD), Mycoplasmosis, Pasteurella infections, infectious Coryza and Salmonellosis.
- It is also effective in the treatment of infections caused by Erysipelas and Mycoplasma in turkeys.
- Do not administer to animals hypersensitive to erythromycin.
- Do not administer to animals with an impaired liver function.
- Erythromycin must never be used in horses, rabbits and guinea pigs; it may result in acute lethal colitis because it disturbs the intestinal flora.
- Also in ruminants, it can result in a severe disturbance in ruminal digestion.
- Erythromycin can occasionally cause gastrointestinal disturbances such as emptying of the stomach and increased intestinal motility (diarrhoea).
- Do not combine erythromycin with other macrolide antibiotics.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
For oral administration via drinking water.
- Poultry, turkeys: 125 g per 100 litres of drinking water during 3 – 5 days (equivalent to 20 mg of erythromycin per kg bodyweight).
- Make a pre-solution of 100 g in 1-litre lukewarm water and add this to the required amount of drinking water. In case of increased or lowered water intake adjust the medication concentrations accordingly.
- Repeat treatment only on the advice of your veterinarian.
- Medicated drinking water should be used within 24 hours.
- Eggs: 6 days
Meat: 6 days
- Store in a dry, dark place between 2 °C and 25 °C.
- Store in a closed packing.
- Keep the medicine away from children.
Specification: Erythromycin (Centre Brand | 100g)
Share your thoughts!
Let us know what you think...
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Log in now
For more information on our shipping options, click here.
- A refund should be sought only if your issue is not resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Change of Price or Unavailability of a Product: In the case of a change in price or unavailability of a product, you could change your order or request that we send your money to your store credit with Afrimash (that is your Afrimash Wallet). Then, you can use the money to shop on Afrimash later. There is no cash refund for store credits.
- Refunds are approved only after the conditions required for refund are met. When there is no other alternative, a refund will be processed within 3-5 working days.
- To request a refund, after you are logged into Afrimash.com, go to My Account > Orders > Support ... for the order in question. Enter the details of your request and send.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- Items eligible for return are only prompted after due consultation with our Customer Experience and Logistics Department before commencing the return process once approved.
- When returning an item, ensure all seals, tags and accessories are left intact and item is in its original packaging.
- We recommend that you keep the original carton and packaging material for a smooth and easy return.
There are no inquiries yet.
You may also like…